What's new

Heide Park Colossos retracking (2019)

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Any reports on how this rides yet? Any German fanpages reporting anything?

(Never got on the "original" but love El Toro so definitely intruiged to hear if it's decent/has been improved.)

Dar

Hyper Poster
Not found any reviews, but there's a couple of videos on youtube showing the area and some talking about it (if you can speak German).

Not sure if this was known already, but they've gone all in on copying Wickerman, down to the pre-show!

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I remember years back when a Dutch coasterfan I regularly chatted with tried to convince me that Colossos was getting the full-on hybrid treatment rather than a re-track. Oh, I can merely imagine how wild that would have been...

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
I'm really torn with this one. On one hand I'm incredibly glad that they actually went through with it and brought this beast back to life, instead of letting RMC ruin (sorry haters) a perfectly good Intamin Woodie. On the other hand, watching the videos that have come up, I don't really... "feel" as happy about this as I should be. Part of me just thinks "oh well, it's Colossos. We've seen this before. Why was it even gone." Which, even more kudos to Merlin then as they probably have seen these kinds of reactions coming and still decided to throw another 10 million onto an "old" attraction.

Most of all, I am really glad that they went with an actually good theme for Colossos, instead of going with another ****ty retheme that doesn't follow a clear concept and doesn't fit with what Heide Park (ya know, Tiemann's Heide Park) originally inteded this ride to be.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I'm not sure if this reallllllly needed a pre-show? Like yeah, it's neat to include a bit of story, especially with the closing of the ride, but was it needed?

Is anyone really going to care? And if you're lucky enough to go on a quieter day, a pre show is just going to be burdensome I reckon.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
It's not really a pre-show like Wickerman is it though? More like a random screen playing a video on loop in the station, it won't affect anything.

TheCoasterCruiser

Giga Poster
Got to ride Colossos 2.0 last Friday during a visit to Heide Park for the first time in 5 years.
The ride is smoother than ever and the new theming looks great. - Unfortunately it did run noticeably slower than before the refurbishment, which is a shame, but it only just opened less than a month ago and the weather was a bit on the cold side, so it might warm up and return to it's former glory at some point.
It's still the best coaster in the park though and still one of my favorite woodies.

Shot some off-ride footage as well (shameless plug).

DelPiero

Strata Poster
giphy.gif

I just can't...:emoji_joy:

Dar

Hyper Poster
So near to being OK, and then they just couldn't be arsed to stick the landing again. Always baffles me that they'd happily fork out a bit extra on the marketing but not the bit extra to actually finish the ride!