What's new

Happy Valley Chongqing | Soaring Wings | B&M Wing Coaster

Lofty

CF Legend
That looks brilliant - it combines some of the best features of other wing coasters and adds a really weird final inline. Love it.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
I would still say it's an inline twist, similar to Swarms, in that it just comes in from a different angle. These inversions are unusual for B&M because they are rotation based, rather than force based. For example a Zero G roll is designed to create 0g through for most riders, even things such as loops and cobra rolls are all designed around forces, to keep you in your seat comfortably while doing the manoeuvre. With B&M's vest restraints it's no longer quite so uncomfortable being held upside down, and if you take a look at quite a few of the inline twists on Wing coasters, they are unconventional, and rarely follow a strict line, rather focusing on a constant rotation instead. Both Raptor and Swarm's inline are not truely "inline", and nor is this new one, but it's the same inversion because it's the same "rotation".

This is also the case on quite a few flyer's (and Banshee), because of the same vest restraints.

Lofty

CF Legend
For ease of explanation and definition, they're inlines.

Also, to be fair, the vests on Banshee, Thunderbird and XFlight are all disgusting. They feel a lot tighter than Raptor or Swarm's.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I like how it feels like it keeps building speed through the first half of the ride. They used that hill quite effectively, I'd say.