What's new

Hansa Park | Highlander | Funtime Gyro Drop Tower

DelPiero

Strata Poster
That looks disgusting, but great at the same time. Decelerates a bit early for me but I moan about most things nowadays.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I am :( I have a real bug bear about drop towers stopping too early, only Scream @ Heide, Zumanjaro and the Fabbri towers do it right imo.
The one at Nigloland is pretty crazy, too. :D

Ethan

Strata Poster
Is the one at Hype Park Winter Wonderland the same model as this, but shorter? If so, I actually found it kinda tame. Fabbri ones are so much worse <3 Annoyingly I was spited by Scream at Heide so I'm yet to ride it.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Testing with dummies now. Work on the station theming is still underway.
9560789d1554802819-2019-neuheit-highlander-gyro-drop-tower-103-m-fallhoehe-funtime-hansa-park-56505447_2273641709341327_5861143235203694592_n.jpg

9560790d1554802819-2019-neuheit-highlander-gyro-drop-tower-103-m-fallhoehe-funtime-hansa-park-56515044_2273641689341329_7241576755276808192_n.jpg

Source

Hansa Park have invited guests to a first rides event on the evening of 26th April. However the park will not yet confirm when it publicly opens but its a reasonable guess that it will be the day after or soon after.
Source

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
I used to think that Nessie's helices were very tight, but that image posted of Highlander smack dab in the center makes me take back that thought!

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Park announced the ride will/should open to the public 26/04/19.

I'm torn with this one, I love Hansa park, But am Terrified of drop towers, if this was at another park id probably not do it, but as its Hansa I'll likely give it a go!

Lofty

CF Legend
You beat me to it - the lighting isn't really on brand with the Highlander theme? If they maybe kept it all green or something, sure? But otherwise it's just not 'right'.

kai phillips

Roller Poster
You beat me to it - the lighting isn't really on brand with the Highlander theme? If they maybe kept it all green or something, sure? But otherwise it's just not 'right'.
we can only hope that's just the default package and they just haven't changed it yet

Ethan

Strata Poster
I am a little disappointed that there doesn't seem to be a station building of any kind, but I guess it isn't really needed. I expect more from Hansa, though!