What's new

Hansa Park | Highlander | Funtime Gyro Drop Tower

Jared

Hyper Poster
I am a little disappointed that there doesn't seem to be a station building of any kind, but I guess it isn't really needed. I expect more from Hansa, though!

Hansa has a habit of building new attractions and then polishing and theming them the following year, so I’d wager this isn’t finished yet.

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Hansa has a habit of building new attractions and then polishing and theming them the following year, so I’d wager this isn’t finished yet.

I second this:- Also considering Hansa have concentrated on the retheme of Nessie's queue and station this year as well at Highlander - so I recon more will follow in coming seasons!

Ethan

Strata Poster
See I thought this, but at least in previous additions they build the concrete structure and then leave it unthemed. Here, there isn't even that, and there doesn't even appear to be any foundations for a buildings. I know they can add this later, and I'm no construction expert at all, but it doesn't seem cost effective to bring in all the digging team/equipment again a year later when they already had them there for the tower's foundations. I dunno, just seems weird.

Mushroom

Goon of the Year
Went on it during the week, it is pretty epic, soundtrack is awesome. Got both versions, the tilt where it tilts you slightly at the top to tease the drop, and goes back into position, and super tilt which keeps it at the full tilted position all the way down. It is a huge ****er of a tower. But damn awesome

Sent from my small tapping device...

oriolat2

Giga Poster
As if going up 120 meters wasn't ****ed up enough, the tilting at the top makes it even worse. Love it! I really like those Fun Time gyrodrop towers (been on HangOver, which is 75% as tall as this one and it was intense) and I am sure they are giving Intamin a run for their money.

For some reason, having a standalone tower, opposed to them attached to a previous structure (See Zumanjaro) makes the ride look more imposing/scarier. Well played, Hansa!

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Yeah, just nearly had a heart attack from the POV. There is no ****ing way you could get me on that willingly.

****. That.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nick13

Mega Poster
Yeah I did this a couple of weeks ago and it’s terrifying. What makes it worse is how it goes up so slowly, I kept thinking it must be at the top now but it just kept on climbing! The height is ridiculous and you feel very exposed. The drop itself wasn’t amazing, I was just relieved to get back down to the ground! I did Scream at Heide Park the following day which has a much more forceful drop.

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Rode it a week or so ago , and what I'd say is its the perfect drop tower for those who don't like drop towers! I did it when it was 'super-tilt' i.e. it drops in the tilt position, and its a definite rush, but not that intense air-time or force-wise, it felt similar to the drop of mystery Castle but as I say I was glad of that! And it made it re-rideable for me, and I personally loved it. You also have to remember Hansa are still a 'family' theme park - and so it fits perfectly intensity wise for its market!
The new themed area is great too, they've done a marvellous job for Nessie.

JuliOverbank

Roller Poster
I agree that the drop isn't forcefull, but the views are amazing. I did it last Thursday and it didn't rotate unfortunately. Anyone else that noticed this?

NeoXIII

Best Newcomer 2016
I agree that the drop isn't forcefull, but the views are amazing. I did it last Thursday and it didn't rotate unfortunately. Anyone else that noticed this?
Rode it around two weeks ago with both tilt and super tilt and it rotated just fine back then!

Tower is quite high and gives an amazing view over the Baltic Sea and the park, I loved it!
Though the naming of the tilt is a tad confusing, since all that "tilt" does is just tilt you forward for a second and then back again. Not sure why that's a thing?

cookie

Giga Poster
Having been at the park two days ago, I didn't ride Highlander (those tilting seats look like too much for me RN... maybe next time) but the area that came with it is very well done — the transformation in Nessie's station especially is incredible, it really livens the old fella up. I love parks that take time out to spruce up their old classics.

One thing I don't see being mentioned anywhere is that Highlander's tilt options are apparently based on time of day (according to a sign at the front the super tilt is available from 1 PM onwards), like how PHL's Mystery Castle has different ride cycles between morning and afternoon. Not sure if this is a peak season thing or if it's all the time.

And yes, it looks absolutely huge when you approach the park from Neustadt — even makes Kärnan look small.

Slightly OT but I enjoyed the new effect they put in Kärnan's lift as well. Helps the experience feel more complete.

Last edited:

cookie

Giga Poster
New effect? As well as the reverse fall?
There's a new projection effect at the top of the lift featuring the ghost of King Erik placing the tower's spell on you (or something IDK) before the reverse freefall — it's a bit cheesy but it fits with the tone of the ride and makes the tower feel a bit less empty. There's no POVs of it from what I could find so I understand if it's slipped under the radar for most people — I didn't know about it either.

Last edited: