What's new

Halloween in Holland

Tomatron

Giga Poster
Last weekend, Jordan and I went on a quick hop over the channel to visit Walibi World and Toverland.

The weekend started at 3am at my aunt's house in North London, where I was staying for the night before our early morning flight. Those of you you did the CF-Euro live will appreciate the sheer agony of having to get up at a God awful hour on little sleep to catch a flight. Added to the fact that I was also feeling quite ill the whole weekend didn't help matters either. So after dragging myself out of bed and drugging myself up to the eyeballs, I picked up Jordan, and we headed for Stansted Airport.

Hello, I'm Jordan. My expression is pretty obvious for this time in the morning, and my caption is is written in whimsical intonation to another CF member who is not surgically attached to me for the next two days.
hh1.jpg

Whilst waiting for the flight, we spent the time reading Front magazine, eating breakfast and queueing for what seemed like an eternity at WHSmith. Apparently that shop beyond security is perma-busy at all hours, so I have yet more sympathy for the Euro-Live people who suffered through this abomination of a shop as well. But after wasting more time than I care to remember in that queue, it was time to get on our plane and go.

EASYJET>RYANAIR
hh2.jpg

The flight was pretty simple, straight up and straight back down in 45 mins. No annoying music telling us that we'd arrived on time yet again, and no dodgy Irish voiceover trying to flog us pointless crap that we wouldn't need once we got the other side if immigration. Most of was spent listening to Ipods, reading magazines, dozing off for what little power nap we could grab and waiting for the plane to land.

Sleepy Jordan is sleepy.
hh3m.jpg

There are a number of things that can turn sleepy Jordan into an excited Jordan. One of those things would be backstage passes to a music fest with her favourite bands. A lifetimes supply of Orange Lucozade would also probably suffice. And anything with the world INTAMIN written on it. And since we were not far from Walibi World, home to the Mega-Awesome-Megacoaster Goliath, the transformation from sleepy to excited was complete by 10.30 when we arrived at the park.

Mmmmmmm, Intamin.
hh4.jpg

WANT.
hh5.jpg

Goliath was running AMAZING today. It hadn't been on top form last time I'd ridden it 3 years ago, but it made it right back into my top ten today. Airtime on every hill + crazy Stengel dive + fast turns = lots of Intamin related happy times! Let me demonstrate...

This sign means that you're getting closer to good times.
hh6d.jpg

Intamin Megacoaster + Jordan = thumbs up..
hh7u.jpg

This is the only pic of me you'll be seeing in this report because I am very ill. Despite my brooding facade, I can assure I'm happy to be riding Intamin good stuff.
hh8.jpg

I should say at this point that the station was really crowded. I don't know whether its just cos the Dutch public are more relaxed in that way, but they could do with appreciating people's personal space a bit more - something which we would find out much more forcefully later in the day. But never mind that, but we are getting closer to the good stuff.

Stadium seating FTW.
hh9.jpg

Thumbs up for good times.
hh10.jpg

Intamin airtime is definetely a fun game.
hh11v.jpg

Did I just get laid?
hh12.jpg

Well I can't answer that one, but it was pretty fit. So after Goliath got two big Jordan thumbs up, we went to the next coaster on the hit list, the Vekoma wooden coaster Robin Hood. The best part of this ride was the queue, because we got to stand near Dutch Hanson and some merry men dressed up as women, which was all pretty amusing. The ride itself was a bit shaky today, and giving myself excessive space between lap and lap bar may not have been a wise decision in hindsight. But I still enjoyed it, even though it was a bit rougher than on previous visits.

Robin Hood did not spy the Weetabix and retreat back to the wood.
hh13q.jpg

After Vekoma Part 1 (Parts 2, 3 and 4 will follow soon) we headed over past the Flog Lume to the Wild Mouse. We joined Dutch Hanson again for the queue line, and saw Kim from the Vengaboys working the photo booth. The ride had no brakes at all on the way round so we got through it faster than Speedy Gonzales after an all-night coke disco bash.

Ondelay! Ondelay! Ondelay!
hh14.jpg

Wild Mouse was wild.
hh15.jpg

Then when we got off, it was impromtu word association photo time.

CF don't do magic shows, but if they did, Chaz would nto be involved.
hh16.jpg

After that brief moment of LOL it was time for some good old fashioned Zierer kiddy credit whorage. To lend some moral support I did the decent thing and went on as well. This whore session turned out to be more embarrasing in you were a kid, as the ride was mostly populated by people older than 10 years old!

Time to wok us some Waanzin.
hh17.jpg

Jordan loves to wok the Waanzin because she gets credit ;-]
hh19.jpg

After that, we walked past some crazy Dutch folk doing the Splash Battle, probably for a bet. As the Flamingoland Live attendees You can get very, very wet on this, and at 10 Celsius, it's not for everyone.

Cold? Yes. Long line? No. Wet times? Lots.
hh20.jpg

Then came sad times for one of us.

Vekoma Part 2: DENIED.
hh21.jpg

SBNO are Jordan's least favourite letters of the alphabet.

DENIED Close-up.
hh22.jpg

Hopefully Via Volta will open again soon. All they need is a Vekoma train from somewhere and it can return to offer up it's Boomerang loopy roughness to everyone once again.

After the non-event of Vekoma Part 2, it was time for the dreaded Vekoma Part 3.

DO NOT WANT.
hh24.jpg

El Condor has always been down the bottom of my list as one of the worst coasters ever created. 4 years on, it's not getting any better. Has it not been for my coaster/pain loving accomplice, I would have gladly given this a miss. Again, the best part of this Vekoma was the queueline, where we kept ourselves occupied and our minds off the impending ass-kicking. A good 45 mins queue was followed by a bad 1 minute of brutal SLC rape.

More Flags definetley do not equal more fun here.
hh25.jpg

There will be more moanign about some of Six Flags' contributions to the park later. Now back to some more illegal activity.

SLC Rape - it's not for everyone.
hh26.jpg

We would have much rather been on this ride than stupid El ****-dor.
hh27.jpg

Bad times went to happy times, as after leaving the SLC of Rape we saw a good memory from the Euro-Live...

SLUUUUUUUSH!!!
hh28.jpg

We both said that this park would be excellent for a CF Euro Live next year (HINT). It has good coasters, and other fun stuff to mess around with, such as...

Petting Zoo!
hh29.jpg

A decade after his death, and all those years of Rod Hull sticking his hand up Emu's arse had taken their toll.
hh30.jpg

It was now getting towards food time, so we made our way to the nice Italian eatery near SBNO: The Ride. We got some pizza and chips, spoe to some nice Dutch staff about our trip (pizza man was very friendly!) and in the process Jordan mutilated her hand...

...in a humourous comdey prop kinda way.
hh31a.jpg

After lunch, we went outside to be greeted by lots of people standing by the talking statue with lots of Nintendo noises and lots of incomprehensible Dutch. Sadly, Mario and Luigi were nowhere to be seen. Donkey Kong was also not around. Maybe they'd been killed by the SLC of Rape.

The statue that thinks its a Game Boy.
hh32.jpg

We now only had one coaster left to ride, so after a quick trip to the car to get some cold weather gear and drug myself up some more, we went back into the park for Vekoma Part 4...which is coming soon!

nadroJ

CF Legend
Hooray, this trip reports features me! And, entirely too much Vekoma, I hadn't realised XD

yinyang

Mega Poster
Great PTR Tomatron. Goliath looks great. Great variety of photos, can't wait to get to that park myself sometime next year.
Thanks for posting!!! :)

Danzibarr

Mega Poster
"Jordan loves to wok the Waanzin" - ahaha XD I still can't take that ride name seriously, especially considering it's a kiddies one!

Great pics! Went there a few days before you and the place was empty, good times :--D