What's new

Guardians of the Galaxy retheme for Tower of Terror

Ethan

Strata Poster
Faith in Disney = Lost. Well, Avatar could be alright, but this looks so cheap as others have already said! Hopefully they will never touch any of the other ToT rides...

tomahawk

Strata Poster
It looks a hell of a lot better in person. I was there Friday. I'm going back this week so I'll try and find a decent angle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Lofty

CF Legend
I actually don't hate it like I thought I would? I don't like that black section that separates the distinct two towers, but yeah, I kinda like it?

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
Is that supposed to be finished?

Look like a construction site to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peep

CF Legend
I'm still not a fan of the exterior from the photos I've seen, especially with it being the backdrop to other areas. Still excited about the interior though.

tomahawk

Strata Poster
These are from 5 minutes ago. From farther away it doesn't look as good, but when you get closer there is a lot more detail that seems to have been missed from other pictures I've seen. Maybe it's just one of those things you have to see in person, but it's not that bad looking.
dd758ce451388f7e707b17e097ed1354.jpg
c12d01e854d04c61e2b03bc29e541cfe.jpg
fc8f2f8fb990117336580be1b776ab6d.jpg
c86c429a19d22030ac5980393466b686.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
I just don't get what it's supposed to be?

It literally looks like 200ft of random **** from the scrapyard.

May as well be a modern art piece.

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
^ Not even that, it's a building owned by the Collector, this guy:
8d5739f48357555095c68240a0e9d67e7ea011e992dacb618700b00daa2eac8c.jpg

He has captured the Guardians as part of his collection, and the ride is about them escaping I assume.

Edward M

Strata Poster
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I actually love the final design. I was there yesterday, and it looks fantastic in real life. It isn't an eye sore and has tons of little details that help it. Overall, I even prefer the look to the original (never loved the look they chose). I'm quite excited for the new ride now. I took some pictures, but I really think Tom covered it.

spicy

Giga Poster
First images inside the Tower, the old Boiler Room queue line. Looks like the pipes have made it inside too.

C-T0Me5VwAEwmzV.jpg:large

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Hmm, it looks ok I suppose. Not quite sure it'll match the suspense of the origninal. And I see that one of the ride cycles features music by Elvis Presley. I don't remember that from the film at all, I thought it was all 80s music. Can't stand Elvis.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
Looking at videos on YouTube, I must admit I think the queue looks rather good, though no better or worse than before. The ride itself looks like a massive downgrade though. Corny music and uninspired screens.

Better get over to Florida.