What's new

Guardians of the Galaxy retheme for Tower of Terror

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
No. TOT is practically perfect. This is a terrible idea. Taking a fantastic ride already with a branded theme(which is why, imo, why Space Mountain worked), and putting a bigger brand on it. It won't work. Just no.

Ben

CF Legend
tumblr_ma5dyhpz6C1ql7ph1.gif

I can't even with how bad that would be.

That would be the single last ride on property I'd say to do it to.

Mission Space would work? In fact, Mission Space done up in to Guardians would be AMAZING, I'd even sacrifice Gary Sinise if it meant some Chris Pratt in my face.

peep

CF Legend
I have spent the last few hours reading the thread Jordan posted.

I love Tower of Terror.
I love Guardians of the Galaxy.
I would be very happy to see Marvel in Disney parks.

However, this is like the worst idea they could have thrown around the boardroom?

Frustratingly this news has come from a ridiculously good source, like, the guy makes sure these things are true in some way before spouting it out over the net. So, in some capacity, this is happening.

Sure a Rock n Rollercoaster re-theme makes more sense but this new Marvel area is for DCA which doesn't have that ride. This is clearly being shoe-horned in before next year's sequel. A massive shame, a wasted IP and a ruined classic.

Fans are really miffed and, as you'd expect, some have already formed a twitter campaign

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster
Ive heard many, many times that Tower of Terror has a great theme and good lore so its probably an innappropriate choice for a campy Guardians retheme. However, Im sure a Guardians retheme would be great on numerous other attractions like Mission Space, Space Mountain and possibly more.

Quick question if anyone feels like answering: Does the Paris TOT stack up to the American versions in overall quality from the story, theming and to the ride itself? Riding it in June and hoping to love it like everyone else!

Lofty

CF Legend
No. No. No. No.

ToT is the best attraction in the park, hands down. Not just as a ride but as a whole experience. This rumour can **** off.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk.

spicy

Giga Poster
Wow, they are actually considering re-themeing one of the best themed rides in the world?! To Guardians of the Galaxy?!?!

Hopefully this is an early April Fool's.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
This news has upset me very much. Rock N Roller coaster seems like a much better option as the theme already isn't very good, the exterior doesn't need much doing to it, the storyline doesn't need changing much, the roller coaster itself suits marvel more than TOT etc. So many silly decisions recently by parks that I love. :(
If its only temporary than hahaha I dont care, I wont be there.

Jamesss

Hyper Poster
spicy said:
Hopefully this is an early April Fool's.
Got to admit, this was my first thought. It seems like too much of a colossally bad idea for it to be true.

And I don't agree with anyone saying that Rock 'n' Roller Coaster should be re-themed instead (or any other good attraction for that matter). Why can't Disney re-theme attractions that people actually don't like?!

Ben

CF Legend
Why can't Disney just... Build stuff?

I originally went ten years ago and thinking about what is new from that visit (Test Track retheme, new Fantasyland and um, Toy Story...) is pathetic. Then look at Universal! One thing per park in ten years is not enough!

Crazycoaster

Giga Poster
I'm not sure how this would even work?? 50's Hollywood Hotel and a wacky band of space superheroes? It's like having chicken tikka with a side of ice cream.

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
God no. Please. Guardians of the Galaxy is a great movie, but c'mon, don't re theme one of the most iconic attractions ever to it.....

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
QlZJQ.gif

ToT doesn't just have a great theme, it arguably has the best theme. A clever story plot, great theme context, fantastic easter eggs and added bonuses for theme park wonks, and fantastic integration of the physical ride mechanics. (e.g. moving out of the first elevator shaft).

I was (and still am) excited for Disney's acquisition of Marvel, in part at the prospect of new superhero themed rides. As Islands of Adventure has shown: Adventures of Spiderman, Hulk, etc. are just the tip of the iceberg on what is possible. And with Disney Imagineers behind the scenes, the prospect is all the more possible. But retheming an already outstanding attraction just feels a bit too much one step forward and two steps back; you are capitalizing on a Marvel theme, at the expense of another.

Rachel

Coaster MILF
TOT is the perfect mix of theming and a brilliant ride experience.

I really hope this isn't true, the ride just doesn't need it, its fine the way it is.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
I sincerely hope this isn't true. IMO TOT is the best themed ride in the world. This Marvel stuff can go and conduct its affairs elsewhere.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Ben said:
Why can't Disney just... Build stuff?

I originally went ten years ago and thinking about what is new from that visit (Test Track retheme, new Fantasyland and um, Toy Story...) is pathetic. Then look at Universal! One thing per park in ten years is not enough!

This in general.