What's new

Greenwood Gardens [Update: 4/17/2010]

Jer

Strata Poster
Hellos everyone here is my "Triumphant" return to RCT2 and CF

Imagine a place, where you can take the family for the day for a low price. With beautiful gardens, great scenery, good food, and even rides. I place for the kids to have fun, and have a fun day with the family. Enter Greenwood West. A beautiful garden oasis, relax in the gardens or enjoy the rides there are many things to do.

Or if you dare to cross the river you will experience some of the greatest thrills on the east coast. Featuring 3 major coasters, and many thrill rides. come on over to Greenwood East from the old to the young everyone will find something they enjoy here.

So why choose between a relaxing day in the park or the ultimate white knuckle thrill ride? when you can have both at Greenwood Gardens

Like I said earlier, this is my "triumphant" return to RCT2, and CF. I plan for the park to be split into Greenwood East and Greenwood West separated by a river in between. On the east will be thrill rides and 3 major coasters planned, an Intamin Launch, a B&M floorless, and a Terrained GCI Woodie. On the west being a kiddy park with a small powered coaster and many more tame rides. Hope you guys enjoy it

scr1.gif

This is the only screen I have now, of 2 buildings in the entrance. You are dropped off in Greenwood west, but it's a quick walk over to Greenwood east.

Your parks are always good, like they have potential and stuff but I always feel like there's something missing. For me, when a park has a lot of space ebtween the paths and the buildings, it looks less good than if you make the buildings right on the midway, if you get what I mean.

But yah overall it looks pretty nice so far, I'll keep my eye on it.

Jer

Strata Poster
Thanks Tay, I do know what you mean, I like this a little better it looks cleaner especially for the east side of the park whci his supposed to be beautiful gardens.

I built another building on the eat side that leads way onto the west side for thrills. Late I will also build a chairlift over the river.

In other notes this park will be unopenable to guests, the real entrance is tucked away in the back of the park to give my entrance a better look.

scr5.gif

It feels good to be back :)

Jer

Strata Poster
please excuse the double and the shameless bump. I have a kids coaster, and a 230ft observation tower up on the east side of the park. I have also been working on the first coaster in the park a 117ft tall GG out and back Woodie called Pioneer.

scr7.gif

Kids powered coaster.

scr8.gif

Observation tower

scr16.gif

Pioneers turn around

Hope you guys like it, please leave feedback :)

RCF

Strata Poster
It actually looks really nice. The GG woodie turnaround looks really good for RCT2. Keep it up.

I think the wooden coaster looks great to be honest, but I'm just not a fan of your buildings. They're all pretty blocky and bland, sowwy!

Keep it up though, it's coming along.

Jer

Strata Poster
Don't be sorry, how might I be able to fix the buildings and get them to be more interesting? and less blocky?

Shutters, more balconies.. And think of buildings you see in actual parks.. Most of them don't look like that, so maybe look at park photos or other RCT2 parks to get ideas.

Jer

Strata Poster
heres an older picture of the front section of pioneer, the buildings at this time were still in early development, but the track hasn't changed

scr12.gif
[/code]

Sean_Rohan

Mega Poster
Instead of building from ground up to the station, leaving this huge ugly box, why not build the station on stilts?

Vary your buildings apperence, it all doesn't have to have even lines and the same colour on each side.
Your houseing seems like you've used just a sheet of MDF for the walls - bulk them out a bit, make it look supportive and sturdy.

Jer

Strata Poster
Alright, as i'm working on improving my scenery I've been working on the parks second coaster, an Intamin Launched coaster named Fury. Sorry for the very, common theme, I'm trying to get used to RCT2 again so I'm starting out easy. Thats all there really is to it, looking forward to your feedback :).

scr20.gif

scr19.gif

sorry that it's raining in a lot of the screen shots, I set the environment to be cold and rainy so I didn't need 50 handymen walking around the gardens watering them.

Let me start with the positive.. I like the style of the station, it's very nice. The layout is interesting, but it seems like it almost might go too fast at the beginning since it needs so much power to make it through the other top hats.

The queue, I hate it.. Try covering it up a little bit. Brown buildings? No. Wayyy too plain and blocky. Also, too much red.