What's new

Green Intamin track sited in Ohio

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonofbaconador

Roller Poster
A friend of mine on KICentral claimed to have spotted green Intamin track heading south on I-71 while he was heading north to Columbus.

_koppen

Hyper Poster
Intamin is headed in Maryland, and I'm pretty sure they have some facility near that can make track for them.

BBH

Giga Poster
I believe your credibility has been questioned by more people than just myself judging based off the fact that you did not use the correct form of the word "sighted."

tomahawk

Strata Poster
Pretty sure that would be made somewhere in Europe, as far as I'm aware, the track is made on the same continent that it is being built on. Typically at least.

I need pictures before I believe anything.

Xpress

Strata Poster
tomahawKSU said:
as far as I'm aware, the track is made on the same continent that it is being built on. Typically at least.

Would make more sense, same thing with a lot of large items such as automobiles, typically the manufacturer would opt to manufacture the item on the land it is going to to save on shipping costs.

rollermonkey

Strata Poster
sonofbaconador said:
A friend of mine on KICentral claimed to have spotted green Intamin track heading south on I-71 while he was heading north to Columbus.

If track arrived at Baltimore and was headed for KI or Kentucky Kingdom, that could work.

Problem #1 is that Intamin track isn't easily distinguished from some Gertslauer and Mack track nowadays.
Problem #2 is that it could be headed almost anywhere.
Could also have been a crane's boom or tower and a case of wishful thinking.
:wink:

kadabrium

Roller Poster
^Double spine Intamin hyper track can.

And as far as I am aware, when an Intamin coaster uses the double spine track, it uses it throughout the whole layout. IMO we can rule out Intamin if said track is polygonal instead of double spine.
Unless some park in the US is getting sort of a multilooper, derp

After all, pics or it didn't happen

andrus

Giga Poster
Nemesis of oblivion said:
Are you sure it wasn't Mack track. Just that isn't Project Helix going to be green? Just a random guess.
Mack manufacture their track in Germany and Projekt Helix is going to Sweden; wtf would the track do in america?! ;P

Yeah, like all the others have said; it could be Intamin, it could be Gerstlauer or it could be Mack.. Or a bridge support ^^ But if it is a coaster, it's at least a bit excting :) I'm not that familiar with the US road system, but could the track possibly be for Kings Island?

Intricks

Strata Poster
I know rumor had it that Kentuky Kingdom was supposed to be getting an Intamin I believe, but beyond that I have no clue.

And if the track plant is near its base in Maryland, than you most likely wouldnt see it on 71.

This would be a far easier issue to figure out if we knew were Intamins track was made in the States (if it is even made here at all). Cause I know the track for Flying Over the Rainforest was made here and then shipped, and I believe we recoeved Green Lantern: First Flight track from overseas.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Just saying... there are a lot of structural elements that might be mistaken for coaster track out there. For instance, the roof beams of this stadium:

800px-Ooita_Stadium20090514.jpg

They are a lot larger, though, but then again, the picture is from one of the largest stadiums of its kind. I can imagine the supports of smaller sports venues to be more similar to coaster track in size.

Edward M

Strata Poster
^ that's true. We shouldn't get excited when it could be anything. Intamin tracks look like lots of things.

andrus

Giga Poster
When I mentioned that it might be a part of a bridge earlier, I especielly thought of this bridge in my home town:
Bagers_bro,_Malm%C3%B6.jpg

...I often reffer to it as 'the Intamin bridge'! :p

_koppen

Hyper Poster
andrus said:
When I mentioned that it might be a part of a bridge earlier, I especielly thought of this bridge in my home town:

I did not know that you are from Malmö!

tks

Strata Poster
Spotted this Intamin track in Llangollen, Wales. GUYS I THINK GREENWOOD ARE GETTING AN INTAMIN

pavoutside.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.