Change background image
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gigs 'n' Tours

Discussion in 'Anything Goes' started by robbeal, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Benenen

Benenen Member

Best Coaster:
    Wildfire (Kolmarden)
    Best Park:
    Islands Of Adventure
    Coaster Count:
    Went to see A Day To Remember in London last night, it was great! They're a mix of pop punk and metalcore so there's big catchy sing a long choruses then really heavy breakdowns in the same songs which made for a fun night.

I also went crowd surfing for the first time, it was exhilarating soaring over the heads of everyone while shouting along to the songs at the top of my voice. Definitely one of those never forget moments!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
  2. Will

Will Well-Known Member

Best Coaster:
    Katun
    Best Park:
    Europa Park
    Coaster Count:
    I saw Dream Theater last night, for what I've worked out was the 12th time :)
    It was a long set, involving the full Images and Words album, meaning finally getting to see Learning to Live, Another Day and Wait for Sleep played live and the encore was A Change of Seasons, which has always been one of my favourites, so that was awesome. The band were on form as well, and interacted with the crowd and each other, while pratting about with their instruments more than usual :) I also have a very soft spot for The Bigger Picture, though apparently Lain does not agree.

The ticket had been horrendously expensive, but that meant we were on the third row from the front - one minor complaint is the theatre style shows DT and a few other bands have started doing since 2012 meaning everyone is tightly seated and you can't really move around between songs; I really dislike being sat politely when something like The Dark Eternal Night or As I Am are being played. As such, I'm hoping they'll somewhere with a more 'metal gig' atmosphere in the near future - and that there's a 25 years of SFaM tour in 7 years time!

I also took a few pictures.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Next up is Iron Maiden in Oberhausen on Monday night!