What's new

Gigs 'n' Tours

AeRo

Hyper Poster
Going back to my original poat in this topic, Billy Joel was one of the people I listed as being amongst the best. While speaking on MSN the other night it tuns out that he's touring britain in the Summer with tickets prced at ......?85...... :shock:

...And I thought Madona prices were bad!

mrclam

Giga Poster
For 85 quid, after the concert id expect him to come back to my hotel room and perform various acts upon me.

A

Anonymous

The 'best' Gig i have been to is Me Against The World. Click Here For Website. They are local, but play some awesome music, and you can get really close to the stage. When they play the atmosphere is awesome. So all 7 of their gigs i have been to have been sweet.

My worst gig was Fall Out Boy. I cant stand them anymore. I regret the ?30 i paid for that ticket. I would have rather spent it in subway. Yumm

Will

Strata Poster
^
I'd be inclined to pay that much to avoid that fate! (mrclam)

Kaz said:
MCR MCR MCR MCR.

Again a fantastic show. Only 45mins worth but still fantastic. **** YEAH!

I even did the full fan girlie thing out the back of the M.E.N.

But you don't have to be a 'fan girlie' to do it - as I was not the only one to demonstrate :) Frank only seemed interested in the annoying fans who'd been there half an hour, rather than Kaz, who'd been there since 9 in the morning, which was a bit annoying, as was Mikey blanking everyone (during our toilet break, typically enough), and the security bloke. Whoever the guy from the Ataris was, however seemed to be a thoroughly nice guy, and even came out from behind the gate for photos and signing, which was more than ignorant MCR did for anyone :p
guyfromtheataris9eb.jpg
. This was probably why we ended up seeing the Ataris in the end, and they weren't bad at all, though it perhaps wasn't the best plan to have them follow the ear-splitting Atreyu, which meant a bit of a come down. Atreyu, whilst loud, and not entirely to my taste - or an ideal first ever concert act for me, certainly knew how to put on a great show. There was a definite atmosphere there, and the crowd were loving it, me included.

As for MCR, shame we only got 45 minutes of them, and that they seemed to decide to forget that their (better) first album existed... But enough of the negatives, because what we did get was amazing - it had to be to get me back on my feet after a rather long day, and causing my throat almost as much of a battering as my ears from over enthusiastic contributions!

Definite good day, and, as Kaz said, we'll hardly notice CF faff sessions after that kind of hanging around. Looking forward to next time :)

AeRo

Hyper Poster
mrclam said:
For 85 quid, after the concert id expect him to come back to my hotel room and perform various acts upon me.

On you or for you....I hope that was a typo mr clam :shock:

Mark

Strata Poster
Either way it sounds dodgy lol.

There is a limit I would pay for a concert though. Personally I am quite a fan of Madonna but there is no way in hell I would ever pay the ?250 ticket price of her last tour. You may be good love but don't take the mick! I know it's supply and demand but c'mon.

The last concert I saw was HIM as previously mentioned and it was totally amazing, even though I don't particularly like being in the standing (royal rumble war zone) area for a concert.

I am considering heading to Download to see Within Temptaion play the Snickers Stage but it all depends on the cost really. I don't wanna pay a fortune when I only really want to see one band.

I have heard that Evanescence are releasing new material towards the end of the year and they are one band I WILL be seeing. (As long as the price is right etc)

Dave

CF Legend
Well im going to two gigs in the next month, the first for around a year now.

Am seeing Kula Shaker with my parents at the Portsmouth Wedgewood Rooms. Shall be a good gig :D

Also im seeing Still Remains same venue just later in the month, i can't wait for that as i will be moshing my socks off!!!!

Almost

Hyper Poster
I just saw Taking Back Sunday, The Subways, Angels & Airwaves, and Head Automatica at Great Adventure yesterday.

Well the crowd was pretty rowdy, it was about 80* out and about 100* in the crowd. People were throwing ice, bottles, lemons and other things around.

The Subways started, they were ok, not too great live, but to their credit it did sound like their CD.

Next was Head Automatica and they were much better than I thought they would be, very good live, surpassed their CD. Which is a rarity.

Then came Angels & Airwaves. Tom Delonge is the funniest guy ever. They were also amazing preformance wise too. They even played a couple Blink 182 songs that transitioned to AVA songs. Very cool.

To start Taking Back Sunday, I got punched in the stomach in the first mosh pit. Made it tought to stand through, but they were still amazing. These guys can play, best band of the night.

Overall 8/10

kir

Hyper Poster
Georgi and I were all set to see Kelis on Wednesday night... and then she postponed!

I HATE YOU SO MUCH RIGHT NOW, KELIS!

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Guns n Roses for me, at the end of July at the M.E.N, I'm going alone (aww), since all my mates arnt fans - but it will still be one hell of a night! :D

A

Anonymous

I'm going to see The Who this wednesday, and then The Red Hot Chilli Peppers in July. That's it for me this year!

Lain

Giga Poster
Bloodstock Open Air 3 weeks on Thursday, then Maiden on t'18th of December.

P.wnage 8)

A

Anonymous

I am going to see Jay -z at birmingham on september the 23rd. Should be good as he is bringing BEYONCE NE-YO AND NAS.Really excited :p:p

kir

Hyper Poster
And Nas?! Kelis will be there, surely!

EDIT - No no no, wait. Nas and Jay-Z hate each other. They're always having pathetic "rap battles". It's all coz Kelis was shagging Jay-Z before Nas came along. I highly doubt Nas is going.

Karen

Hyper Poster
Will said:
Definite good day, and, as Kaz said, we'll hardly notice CF faff sessions after that kind of hanging around. Looking forward to next time :)

See you on the 22nd Will for our next MCR concert. Can't wait. Then me and Kat will be seeing them at Leeds on the 25th. Woohooo what a month this is gonna be!

A

Anonymous

I saw The Birthday Massacre a few weeks back, and I must say they put on such a fantastic show. If anyone does get the chance to see them, it pritty worthwhile.

Obviously, I have Iron Maiden in December, and it also looks like The Rocky Horror Show in October too.

Should be fun.

Dave

CF Legend
I've got some good gigs coming up at the end of this year.

Muse- Eden Project- 22nd August
Supergrass- Wedgewood Rooms, 29th August
Soilwork (tbc)- Wedgewood Rooms- September
Lacuna Coil- Pyramids Center- October
Dragonforce- Southampton Guildhall- November
Muse- Wembley Arena- November

jonnyrocks

Mega Poster
Lord Kotowa said:
I've got some good gigs coming up at the end of this year.

Muse- Eden Project- 22nd August
Supergrass- Wedgewood Rooms, 29th August
Soilwork (tbc)- Wedgewood Rooms- September
Lacuna Coil- Pyramids Center- October
Dragonforce- Southampton Guildhall- November
Muse- Wembley Arena- November

Muse! Are those tickets sold out, or just not on sale? Ticketmaster wasn't very helpful...

The only concert I've been to was Steps (yes I know) a long time ago, but I plan to go to Glastonbery next year, as well as reading etc. I just wasn't fast enough this year, and the line-up looks amazing too