What's new

Gigs 'n' Tours

Ed

Roller Poster
V2004 - Muse, The Strokes, Groove Armada, Kings of Leon, Charlatans, N*E*R*D, Athlete, and others who I can't remember.

N*E*R*D at Hammersmith Apollo in Nov 2004 - pretty damn brilliant, despite being literally right at the back on the balcony. Really good atmosphere though.

McFly in October last year in Ipswitch - pretty brill, right near the front and paid homage to the local Wetherspoons beforehand.

Mystery Jets last week - whizzo, best live band ever!

And upcoming, V2006 & either Reading or Global Gathering. :-D

Harvey

Hyper Poster
Im booked for Download 2006 and Iron Maiden in Manchester this December (huzzah for the fanclub) - and thats just the start, if anythjing else ctaches the eye I'll jump at the chance, and if the Leeds Festival lineup appeals to me - that too! :) *Prays for Muse*

A

Anonymous

I finally am getting to see Coheed and Cambria live on April 29th, I believe. I have heard many good reviews about them live, so I cant wait. The bad thing about the show, though, is that they are co-headlining with Avenged Sevenfold, and I hate them with a passion. Since they switch off every night for who goes first, I dont know if I will have to stand through their entire crap setlist, or I get to leave early and skip them entirely. I really hope its the latter.

Ozzfest bands and dates have been announced, and im not totally sure if I really want to go. On the plus side, Ozzy, SOAD, and Disturbed are playing, all three I love, and I have wanted to see what Lacuna Coil and Hatebreed are like live. The bad side is, well, pretty much the entire second stage. Black Label Society is the only decent band, the rest seem to be mostly new age metalcore crap. I probably will end up going, as its only like $45 for a lawn ticket and I payed the same for just SOAD. I hope the rumors are true about Metallica being the secret main stage act that hasnt been announced yet, but I doubt it,

Jer

Strata Poster
Okay since most of you are british, have any of you been to that Green Day Concert in Milton Keyes. If so i hate you, lol

A

Anonymous

well ive seen a number of bands iw ill start from the begining the firsy band i ever saw was good charlotte in 2002 it think at the carling apollo manchester, then after that about half a year laterish i went to download '03 then next gig wasnt til greenday in january 2005 i think when they played the MEN in manchester then err i dont think ive been to a big gig since. err im going to see fear factory tomorrow at the manchester acadamy 2 and im goin to download festival this year apart from that err i dunno

samuraiprincess

Roller Poster
I have been to hardly any, my first one was when i was 8 i went to Brighton Centre to see Steps with support acts Lolly and A1, that will be a conert that ill never forgot most probably because it was my first one.

My 2nd concert was very recently actually i went to see the Sugababes with support acts of Fundemental and someone i cant remember the name of, once again at the Brighton Centre. This was an amazing concert because we were standing and right very front of the stage about a metre away. It was an amazing concert Sugababes were amazing and the atmosphere was great aswell!

UI hope to go to mor concerts this year such as Black Eyed Peas and Basement Jaxx but it all depedn on money!

A

Anonymous

Went to see HIM last night and the night before and again they were fantastic! They really work in a theatre but outdoors at a festivasl no where near as good. Can't wait till the next tour!

thx

Mega Poster
Last year in march, I went to see Judas Priest live in Hartwall Arena (a big Ice-hockey hall), well there were only like 4500 people there, out of something like 11000 seats.
In Flames was the warm up band, they were ok, I don't really dig they're music, and the bass was too loud, you could barely hear the guitar etc.

And onto Judas Priest: the atmosphere was great, they played well, and they had a great scene settings, with high shiny metal'poles' with red, blistering, glowing band symbols inside, elevators, stairs, etc.
The only negative things were: they arrived 1,5 hrs late, it was a bit annoying when you didn't know when they start to play, so you couldn't really go to the toilet, get some food etc, lol. Also Rob Halford's voice wasn't as 'high', squeaky as it was before (on albums, dvd's) , but I guess that's just because of him ageing.

I did also go to a small festival last June, there were some great finnish bands (who sings in finnish), which I doubt you've heard of, but also some more famous 'English singing' bands, like The 69 eyes and Negative, which you might've heard of, they were good. The variety of food stalls there was surprisingly big, that was good.

Also when I think about it, I did also see The Rasmus in the Olympic stadium (at a youth school athletic contest), in 2002.
They were good, and quite different from today, not as famous, the lead singer had yellow hair and they weren't as near as "black clothed" as they are today. Also they had only done one album back then.

This year I'm going to see Metallica, Bullet For My Valentine (same place)(If I don't sell the tickets, as I could get a nice amount of money for them), Iron Maiden, maybe Gary Moore and Whitesnake. I could still go to see Santana if I'd like to, but I don't really have the money to get everywhere.

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Kaz said:
Went to see HIM last night and the night before and again they were fantastic! They really work in a theatre but outdoors at a festivasl no where near as good. Can't wait till the next tour!

Snap! Although I only went tuesday night. They do put on an impressive show, and Ville Valo is a cracking showhost! Really enjoyed it considering I was mainly just a chaperone, and I only know bout 7 songs of theirs!

I was just as impressed with Anathema, the support act actually, apart from a couple of very generic songs mid-set.

A

Anonymous

Totally agree Rob and that female singer was amazing who came on 1/2 way through Anathema's set.

A

Anonymous

Well the first gig I went to was distortion in 2002 with Greenday headlining and some other cool acts, like capdown. Since then I?ve been to a shed load!!

The best fun you can possibly have with live music is at a festival and I?ve been lucky enough to go to leeds fest every year since 2002, and I?ve somehow managed to get tickets for this year :p

The best gig I?ve ever been to was the Foo Fighters at the NEC. We went for my mates 18th so we were all really up for it. We had only managed to get seating tickets, but this turned out to be a good thing. We were seated just to the left of the stage near the front, but they had not allocated the first few rows of seats. So we ended up leaving ours seats and standing alone the rail, which meant we had great views and lots of space to dick around!! By the end of the gig (which was amazing) loads of other people had come to join us and we all just had a laugh!!!

Most recently I went to see less than jake at rock city, nottingham, which was just good fun!! The usually sweat pit that it is, they managed to get a good sized circle pit going which awesome!!

Anyone else going to leeds festival this year??

robbeal

Hyper Poster
Bad day then, he wasn't on tuesday. Very entertaining fella. Geat english for a Finn too, with that hint of Finnish still in his accent.

Never realised Anathema were a scouse band. But yeah, that female vocalist made that song, was excellent.

A

Anonymous

MCR MCR MCR MCR.

Again a fantastic show. Only 45mins worth but still fantastic. F*CK YEAH!

I even did the full fan girlie thing out the back of the M.E.N. Got to See Frank twice and he gave me a fantastic grin when I shouted that we truely appriciated him coming out as he was the only one of the band that did! Also got talking to the drummer of The Ataris. Never heard their stuff before but he was soooo nice talking to us all and the rest of the band made some effort too so went in to watch their set too and yeah not bad at all.

A

Anonymous

Thursday night I went and saw Coheed and Cambria and Head Automatica. I was right next to the stage, right on the bar. It was amazing, despite the fact that many people have said C&C have no stage presence. Like Michael, the bassist of C&C put so well, 'I know we dont talk much, but thats just how we are. We like to play, not talk.' Head Automatica was pretty cool as well, the lead singer knows one of the girls I went with and dedicated Beating Hearts Baby to her, haha. I could of stayed for Avenged Sevenfold, but I think they suck, so I left after Coheed. Overall, besides the constant bombardment of 'A7X SUCKS!' and 'COHEED BLOWS!', along with being spit at, it was one of the best concerts of my life. Claudio and Travis soloing for 14 minutes straight made my night.

Almost

Hyper Poster
I saw All American Rejects at SFGAdv yesterday. I really don't like them as a band but I must say they sound exactly the way they do on their cd.

I found it funny little hard core kids were trying to mosh to "The Last Song".

A

Anonymous

I think the best gig i've been to was the Tsunami gig in Cardiff last year. So many great bands (Feeder, Manics, Keane, Snow Patrol to name a few) all in one place on one night. The Millenium Stadium was completely packed and the atmosphere was fantastic (although it was bloody freezin'!).

Also a special mention for Velvet Revolver who absolutely rocked.

I've heard Guns n' Roses may be touring the UK in July. I hope this is true as I would love to see them live and I can't afford to go to Download!