What's new

Ghosterforce 2018 - Order of The Fenix

Status
Not open for further replies.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
so - I've found a nice cheap place near slagharen for the thursday night, still noit sorted friday and saturday niight though - still looking for room buddies / car shares (do have an offer of a cramped lift from slagharen to hellendorn) - if I can't get a car share, I'll probably meet you straight at toverland on the saturday, and do billybird after dippie doe on the sunday!

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
Noticed that Hellendoorn is only open until 5pm but then realised that's only the rides and they have an event after so it's cool. Panic over (I knew Serena would have thought of this haha!)
It is described as:
"Screams returns! And this year there are even 2 horror evenings. On the 19th and 26th of October the fun theme park will change into a scary, dark and foggy park. Once inside there is no way back. Various scare zones, haunted houses and more than 100 scare actors. They are everywhere. The evenings last from 7 pm to 11 pm. Come along .. if you dare"

Literally no idea what to expect so should be interesting!

So I assume we get there before 5pm (it's like half an hour from slagharen), do the creds then halloween it up. :) Anyone know if it's a separate ticket or not for both? Couldn't find that on the website.

The ride refurbishment place is also right near slagharen if anyone wants to goon it up. The sat nav randomly took David and I past it last time! Also love slagharen, can't wait to go back.

Ok, I'll stop with the hype now haha.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
I emailed Hellendoorn about this a while ago, and the coasters are open during Hellendoorn Screams event. It's a seperately ticketed event, so I wouldn't want to pay to get into the park during the day as well, when we can get the creds in the evening anyway. But people are welcome to do that if they don't fancy the Screams event. It's totally up to you. To be honest, this Live is looking more like a casual meet up at the parks, rather than everyone doing exactly the same thing.
Lots of attendees are doing different things (some just Toverland / some parks on different days / some missing a few parks) so it's been harder to arrange big group things like ERT etc. At the moment I'm not sure we will have enough people attending to qualify for group entry rates either, but I'm still awaiting a few replies from parks. I shall keep you all posted and bash out a plan asap!

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
I emailed Hellendoorn about this a while ago, and the coasters are open during Hellendoorn Screams event. It's a seperately ticketed event, so I wouldn't want to pay to get into the park during the day as well, when we can get the creds in the evening anyway. But people are welcome to do that if they don't fancy the Screams event. It's totally up to you. To be honest, this Live is looking more like a casual meet up at the parks, rather than everyone doing exactly the same thing.
Lots of attendees are doing different things (some just Toverland / some parks on different days / some missing a few parks) so it's been harder to arrange big group things like ERT etc. At the moment I'm not sure we will have enough people attending to qualify for group entry rates either, but I'm still awaiting a few replies from parks. I shall keep you all posted and bash out a plan asap!
That's good about the rides at night. Makes the day more leisurely.

Last edited:

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
So - I found this via facebook!
https://www.avonturenpark.nl/nl/pretpark/acties/2018/screams

Important stuff:

17E.50 entry if booked online (early bird price) - 10E extra after early birds..

7 included Scare zones

3 upcharge mazes (4e each, or 10e for all 3)

The 10 open attractions, only include 2 of the coasters! (but the shooty dark ride is open)
https://rcdb.com/904.htm and https://rcdb.com/902.htm
https://rcdb.com/2997.htm is closed

So - Slagharen has:
Gold rush
A vekoma junior
an enclosed boat ride
A schwarzkopf wave swinger
a monorail
s and s tower

Shouldn't take much more than a few hours to do that and have some goldrush rerides, and with it being just a 40 minute drive to Hellendoorn, I'm thinking there may well be time to grab the cred (and maybe some of the other quirky looking stuff) at waarbeek.. Particularly if you're ok missing the little zierer!

nadroJ

CF Legend
Yes, that was the plan. Not the Waarbeek thing but the Hellendoorn Halloween event. It literally says it in the first post lol.

SilverArrow

Certified Ride Geek
The indoor rapids is a must-do at slagharen imo as well as the schwarz swinger (for uniqueness) and the enterprise (if you're into that kind of thing) as it's more forceful than the huss versions.

I think waarbeek might be a decide on the day thing depending on what individual car loads of people want to do.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Okay, here are the various meet up times.

Friday 19th October - 10am outside the main entrance of Slagharen

Friday 19th October - 6.45 outside the main entrance to Hellendoorn Screams

Sat 20th October - Midday at Toverland's brand spanking new entrance oooh!
(Billy Bird only has one cred so I'll just be just nipping in en route to Toverland, seen as some people are doing it on the Sunday, there's not much point in having a designated meet up time for it.)

Sunday 21st October
10am outside the main entrance to Dippie Doe
Please note! I am no longer going to Dippy Doe, due to booking some 3pm slots at Walibi Mazes, I'll be getting an early train straight to Walibi and skipping Dippie Doe.

Those going to Walibi, my number is 07925084415 - let me know when you get there and we'll meet up by Lost Gravity or something!

Unfortunately we didn't have enough people for group entry to the parks. So please arrange your own tickets to the parks. See you there for a spooktacular weekend!

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
Just been on the Walibi Website - am I right in thinking all the haunted houses are an uncharge and that none are included in general admission? it's about 38 euros for the event entrance and the about 6.50 euros per house (I'd like to do jefferson mansion again).

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Just been on the Walibi Website - am I right in thinking all the haunted houses are an uncharge and that none are included in general admission? it's about 38 euros for the event entrance and the about 6.50 euros per house (I'd like to do jefferson mansion again).

Yeah, no houses are included in the admission price.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
I've got the RIP Pass again, and booked for their other extreme one called 'Below' - you have to wear waders to go through it?! Mad. Hopefully I will complete that one haha.

chainedbanana

Hyper Poster
So.... those of you who have booked your accomodation - which hotels are you staying on the Fri, Sat and Sun nights? Just to get ideas ourselves, cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.