What's new

FVD++ Heartline

BigBad

Mega Poster
I played with NL and NL2 for a while, and when my plans started to routinely involve phrases like, "Tune the hill so that it gives ejector air for as long as possible," I decided that I'd slug through FVD++. I have tons of questions about the program, but one seems simple.

When I import into NL2, should I select the option to heartline the coaster, or does FVD++ take care of that? I know that there is a heartline value in FVD++, but it's not clear to me how the vertices are placed in NL2 based on the track in FVD++.

Thanks.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hi BigBad,

There aren't very many NL2 users on CoasterForce (which is a bit of a shame I know), so you might struggle to find someone here who knows the answer. I'm afraid I certainly don't know as I haven't looked into any of the FVD software for NL2.

I suggest maybe heading towards the NoLimits-Exchange forums, they might be able to help a bit more as they're a bit more active than we are!

BigBad

Mega Poster
I didn't ask over there. It's even better. I figured it out on my own.

Nothing prevents a user from doing the heartline manually. In fact, I would expect an advanced user to do it, as you can tweak the value however you want at any point on the track. With that in mind, FVD++ does the heartlining, and then when you import into NL2, the vertices will trace out a path that puts the axis of rotation through riders' hearts.

I don't know this for sure, but it makes a lot of sense.