What's new

Fuzhou PTR

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
This is from a few weeks ago now. It wasn’t really a park trip since there’s not much in the area – it wasn’t much of anything really - but I decided to take a quick weekend trip to Fuzhou, which isn’t too far away from Hong Kong. It was the usual story of a taxi to the hotel after landing, then getting stuff done the next day. There’s only one park close by – I had a bit of a look around for any “surprise” creds, but nothing popped out. That’s not to say there aren’t any somewhere, I just didn’t see any. Anyway, taxi to the park the first morning.

Happy World

The entrance looked very promising.

rhDxTrg.jpg

Every path was just covered in cheap Halloween tat.

hSjyGRr.jpg

4ypXmdD.jpg

I checked out I thought was a walkthrough, but was literally just a room with some s**te in it.

06eLJk5.jpg

zQmG3qm.jpg

The park had very distinct, themed areas, and was actually pretty impressive. The “Space” area had a flying theatre, but I ended up missing it since it was run to a schedule and didn’t care enough about it to make sure I was near it.

oJQ0Hx5.jpg

GoL9GJi.jpg

i20SFc7.jpg

Cred! Ugh.

GL7Uupz.jpg

neUZMkF.jpg

YwTEI4q.jpg

The space area led into a dinosaur area which was pretty fab. The bloody corpses hanging around for Halloween were a nice touch. The huge castle had some kind of horror walkthrough, but it was an upcharge. They’re usually s**t in China, and all very similar, so I didn’t bother. Kind of wish I had though.

ImjniXF.jpg

DIbi6Bi.jpg

EiGHuYW.jpg

Tx9cAvm.jpg

8VwRnJV.jpg

HGSRoTO.jpg

kyopMkV.jpg

vii0ShS.jpg

The second cred – the only substantial one here – had a “closed for maintenance” sign out front. These usually mean “f**ked”, so I wasn’t happy.

16WjAbW.jpg

KD3ZlzD.jpg

MZphmgO.jpg

I didn’t do the water ride, but it was nice to look at.

P0qBcKE.jpg

tB7c23X.jpg

1ZyfaER.jpg

M4uOSxT.jpg

Oh joy of joys. The Western area, also covered with any old Halloween s**t they could get their hands on, had a generic Golden Horse mine train.

oTydSe1.jpg

BPeJkBS.jpg

NBnuocY.jpg

eF9XkZF.jpg

x5qht4h.jpg

xk4zg6e.jpg

7v18KGN.jpg

Boooooooooooo!

ZFtePBp.jpg

Behind this was a massive boat ride, which didn’t actually do much, with a large “Adventure Walk” in the middle of it, with loads of different paths and levels. It was all very impressive really.

lC7U3zF.jpg

plpXCJK.jpg

fzyiFET.jpg

OHklO8r.jpg

uhJOL8E.jpg

08JZbpC.jpg

qOa75BH.jpg

1QWaNwR.jpg

0BglwxP.jpg

UyQe3FZ.jpg

Children Coaster had one of the most amazing trains I’ve ever seen. So welcoming for the young ‘uns.

m1MdxIZ.jpg

bKzZR2Z.jpg

oNYLrWB.jpg

I’ll just chuck some other stuff in. There were quite a lot of flat rides, kiddy rides, a 4D cinema etc., which I didn’t bother with. It was a decent collection though.

S6vLJOM.jpg

eyXmNTH.jpg

Irxnt0g.jpg

gazzuDN.jpg

rVX56HI.jpg

Yqki12f.jpg

tSvyeq5.jpg

gE34KG0.jpg

vUIuU7u.jpg

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!

a3EK5We.jpg

6AuKGvH.jpg

Fair play to this place. Very few Chinese parks bother to get stuff open if they’ve got those bulls**t “temporary maintenance” signs out front, but this place were actually telling the truth.

n9wmcOd.jpg

VARV8zt.jpg

l6Au3cI.jpg

This was one of the rarer Beijing Jiuhua models, which are a lot better than the Beijing Shibaolai models (which look very similar) or the Golden Horse “Kumali” layouts. I rode in the middle and found it really smooth, easily the best Chinese SLC I’ve done, and smoother than most of the Vekomas.

The Ferris wheel had been closed earlier, too, but had opened up, so I did that for the usual views/photo op.

7ZZa8dR.jpg

t1CboKG.jpg

z2O0erK.jpg

1uSjlAM.jpg

arLGIVC.jpg

It was a really decent park considering it was just full of Chinese clones. The theming was outstanding in places and it was immaculately clean. Operations were annoyingly, yet predictably, s**t though. Luckily, it was quiet, so I walked onto most things, but I waited about half an hour for the SLC to get through 3 cycles before I got on it.

Getting a taxi out was a pain as well since I left in the early afternoon. Towards closing, I imagine that, like most of these places, there’d be a few cars hanging around, but because of the awkward timing – nobody arriving or leaving – I was a bit f**ked. I ended up walking about 15 minutes to a nearby apartment complex and grabbed a cab fairly easily then.

Tourist S**te

There was a huge park in the city centre which looked to be a good candidate for some surprise creds.

YQvFsxR.jpg

ojVvsrd.jpg

K3CHt7O.jpg

This all started to look very promising:

E2zlRH4.jpg

ksQiS1h.jpg

rQP0ovc.jpg

RkkuEpx.jpg

uFsfmMD.jpg

However, there was nary a jungle mouse to be seen. Gutted.

There was some big museum in there, which I didn’t bother with, but they had a natural history section in a building opposite, which was free, so I had a quick look.

9uxN1d3.jpg

It was only small, but yay for dinosaurs.

wCWHCfm.jpg

cMVRa6A.jpg

HHXSXNG.jpg

From there, I headed down to an area called something like “Three Streets Seven Alleys”, some old, traditional area based around an unknown number of roads and lanes.

oM7tkmI.jpg

7JpJW0h.jpg

WtvWAIl.jpg

bJCp2Mm.jpg

LY0S5hJ.jpg

EntzTr2.jpg

mPeTSpg.jpg

tz1SbVR.jpg

uw8ISac.jpg

bAdEE5Q.jpg

I stopped partway down for some traditional Chinese refreshments, and finished off at the far end with some local delicacies for dinner.

XqDmoju.jpg

WnbkdzD.jpg

I was a bit knackered by that point, so just headed back to the hotel after that.

Day 2 – More Cultural S**t

Mu flight wasn’t until around 8pm, so I had a full day to kill.

This area was pretty much at the end of the Seven Alleys area, but I couldn’t be arsed the day before.

Nvx2K5f.jpg

fmSrfPC.jpg

iMjTj4d.jpg

S5B5g29.jpg

CVEZAif.jpg

This temple complex was pretty impressive. It dates from around 1,000 years ago originally, but like most s**t in China is mostly modern reconstruction.

H0XaVlr.jpg

MI0aYeL.jpg

Dyspdmm.jpg

nerT2CT.jpg

6vByTa6.jpg

8vHhckA.jpg

1fsG76Y.jpg

rxtGGxi.jpg

X94VKcZ.jpg

Orokeg4.jpg

tUWBUeZ.jpg

There was some central square which I thought might be interesting, but there was f**k all there.

5gUlX1i.jpg

Z4Cjo8B.jpg

It was early, but there was an express bus station for the airport nearby, so I just decided to head out. The airport is stupidly far from the actual city; about an hour’s drive.

I would’ve been better off doing it by train really since it would have taken around the same amount of time and been a lot cheaper. Luckily, and unusually, flights were on time both ways to and from Hong Kong, but if there would’ve been even a slight delay, it would’ve been quicker by train when you take into account getting to and from the airport in Suzhou and all the airport faff at either end.

That’s it then. A decent enough little break and a surprisingly nice park, but I don’t expect anyone will be rushing to book their tickets. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Wanda or Fantawild pop up at some point though, considering it’s a city of 7.5 million and there’s only one park.

davidm

Strata Poster
Thats quite a fab view over the river and mountains from the ferris wheel (smog/bad weather aside).
I do like them pointy Chinese mountains (not the fake one in the foreground obv.).

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
I don't often say this about your short breaks in China but that actually looks like a nice place to visit. The theming in the park is fab, especially that huge water ride, and the city looks quite nice too. I'll put it on the list, although I doubt I'll go any time soon with all the new wanda/happy valley/hot go parks springing up like mad.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Good TR as always. Happy World has always looked like an interesting park. Some really interesting themeing and I kind of love the wird entrance.

That’s it then. A decent enough little break and a surprisingly nice park, but I don’t expect anyone will be rushing to book their tickets. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a Wanda or Fantawild pop up at some point though, considering it’s a city of 7.5 million and there’s only one park.

And you'd be right. Although its a Happy Valley park. Little way off though in 2023.
http://fj.leju.com/news/2016-04-07/13366123714739576306834.shtml