What's new

Fun Spot Atlanta - Next new coaster?

Fun Spot Atlanta's next new coaster?

• Total voters

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I think they may get 2 coasters in 1, much like when Fun Spot Orlando opened White Lightning at the same time as Freedom Flyer. Considering there is a lot of land available and the park only has the one coaster, I could easily see them doing this kind of thing again.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
That was in part to a $25 million expansion of Fun Spot Orlando. I hope they can do that again but I am cautiously optimistic.

Matt N

CF Legend
I could see both a GCI or a Gravity Group, but I'd probably go with Gravity Group as Mine Blower was built more recently. Or who says it won't be something completely different; I seem to remember Screamscape once saying something about Fun Spot looking into a Chance Hyper GT-X coaster for one of its parks a couple of years ago, for example, so maybe it could be something akin to that?

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
Yeah, Fun Spot likes to buy American for some reason - unfortunately, I don't see them going for a Gerstlauer although that would be an amazing fit for Fun Spot Orlando & Kissimmee!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Sorry to bump the thread, but I have been thinking about this supposed coaster some more. I definitely think they'll be getting a woodie for next year, I think that is highly likely, if not then 2021. Since they have gone with different manufacturers for the other two woodies, I think an RMC topper-track with a similar sized layout as Twisted Cyclone would work wonders for the park, yet I know this is highly unlikely since SFOG is very close to this park. I think a Gravity Group woodie is the most likely, although I am leaning towards this being on a smaller scale like KF and OWT, but I could also see them going with something similar to Mine Blower with but with a different layout. I don't see them getting a clone.

Kw6sTheater

Hyper Poster
With so much expansion room (Fun Spot cites it as 115 acres of land in Georgia, whereas the two Florida parks combined have around 35 acres of land), I'd imagine that Fun Spot Atlanta could even build something like Voyage if they had the funds! Just dreaming... ;)