What's new

Freizeitpark Plohn | Dynamite | Mack BigDipper

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Speed has 4 trains, as it is listed on Gerstlauer's website, and that would make sense why it has a MCBR. Although it may not run 4 now.

Also, when I said I thought they all had 3 trains, I was referring to the Eurofighter 320/320+/380 models, not the Eurofighters in general.

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
What I'm struggling to understand is why the **** it matters so much?

The park can buy as many trains as they like, advised by both Gerstlauer and their own operations/financial teams. Sure, there's existing precedent for models having three trains, but now there's not.

I'm now debating if ATI stands for All Trims Identified, or All Throughputs Interrogated.

Lofty

CF Legend
Speed has 4 trains, as it is listed on Gerstlauer's website, and that would make sense why it has a MCBR. Although it may not run 4 now.

Also, when I said I thought they all had 3 trains, I was referring to the Eurofighter 320/320+ models, not the Eurofighters in general.
Have you been to Oakwood? The last two times I've been there's been two trains in sight, one of them operating and one just lingering around. Sooooooo.

Jared

Hyper Poster
Oakwood scrapped the 4th train a long time ago for parts. They have 3 on site and rotate them whilst maintaining. There’s usually 2 on track and one in the maintenance shed, but most days one of them sits on the storage track.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Theming work has begun on the side of the tunnel and on a roof/building structure on top of the tunnel as well.
9522167d1529353563-2019-neuheit-dynamite-big-dipper-coaster-mack-rides-freizeitpark-plohn-plohn4.png

9522168d1529353563-2019-neuheit-dynamite-big-dipper-coaster-mack-rides-freizeitpark-plohn-plohn5.png

9522165d1529353563-2019-neuheit-dynamite-big-dipper-coaster-mack-rides-freizeitpark-plohn-plohn2.png

9522169d1529353563-2019-neuheit-dynamite-big-dipper-coaster-mack-rides-freizeitpark-plohn-plohn6.png

9522166d1529353563-2019-neuheit-dynamite-big-dipper-coaster-mack-rides-freizeitpark-plohn-plohn3.png

9522170d1529353563-2019-neuheit-dynamite-big-dipper-coaster-mack-rides-freizeitpark-plohn-plohn7.png

Source

Pear

Strata Poster
Looks like we have a potential layout:

9527995d1532464372-2019-neuheit-dynamite-big-dipper-coaster-mack-rides-freizeitpark-plohn-satellit2.png

1. Station (red rectangle)
2. Slight bend to the left
3. Lift hill (light blue line)
4. Dive Drop (turn to the left, exit to the right - lift direction)
5. Tunnel passage (orange rectangle) 6. inclined airtimehook / top hat over the station
7. 360 ° helix above the tunnel (through this steel structure)
8. Turn / S-curve
9. Looping
10. Zero-G-Roll (over the old building of the Silver Mine / Break Dance)
11. 180 ° turn around the Break Dance
12. Final brake (yellow line)

Source

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Looks reasonable. Doesn't look to be a dive coaster though, but LG's drop looks awesome. Looks to be no MCBR though, so it looks like it will only run 2 cars.

Hutch

Strata Poster
Unless there's a block right before the loop or an extra on the brake run? I'm sure they could squeeze in a third train somewhere, would be awesome for the throughput.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Indeed. Plus this layout was drawn on MS Paint which doesn't scream 'completely accurate' tbh. If this is similar to the real layout, I'm kind of disappointed that there's no vertical plunge. Even though Lost Gravity's drop does look good, I'm hoping for something different.

Lofty

CF Legend
I thought that the layout has had snippets that have become public and it shows a 180º turn followed by a holding break and 90º drop just like a dive machine?

a335e86b2d23dda78bc4aebb3fc967f9.jpg

And another, although harder to see.
Plohn-mack-big-dipper-2019-3.png

Last edited:

Matt N

CF Legend
Doesn't look like a bad little ride for a park of Plohn's size, in my opinion! If that dive drop is anything like Swarm's, then it should be great fun!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Hmm... Doesn't look anything like as good as Lost Gravity. Feels like a reasonably amateur NL2 creation.

Mind, Lost Gravity looked pretty crappy even during it's construction, so maybe there's hope yet!