What's new

Forbidden Rush | USA CF-Live | Trip Reports

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
OK boys & girls, let's tell everyone all about our adventure along the East Coast. We've had a blast so far & it's only going to get better.
I'll start off by saying that I was very disappointed that our members from the UK, Sweden & Canada didn't get to enjoy Boulder Dash at it's best (but nowhere near as poor as furie's ride on Phoenix). The Kid & I have never seen it running so poorly, but then we've never ridden when it was raining. At least the rain held off for most of the time after we arrived & coaster got better with each ride, but even the best ride of the day was the poorest Aidan & I have ever had. That being said, it was still a great ride & as the evening wore on everyone began to enjoy it more & more. To top it off the staff gave us a CoasterForce only ride on the last train of the night, which was EPIC!
I'll let some of the others post about our day at SFNE, but for now I'll just say that all the crap we experienced was more than made up for by the awesomeness of Bizarro!
I'll post some photos & more details soon, but Kimi & I have to get ready head off to Coney Island to meet up with everyone else right now...

kimahri

CF Legend
I'm obviously not here in America borrowing one of ECG's laptops but I've heard Coney Island wants to spite everyone cause of the rain. That won't be nice on top of all the nasty stuff happening to the others with their car getting towed. Chill out day it seems... May have a nap... I'm tired

Edit: Oh yeah, Bizarro, Boulder Dash, Jer and the Swedes <3

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
and today we were spited by el toro!

Everything else was pretty good though - and KA front seat blew us all away

quick ORP

kaorp.jpg

rolling thunder was awful, green lantern was verrrry intense and nitro was nice

Awesome dinner at an italian opposite the hotel - huuuge portions and a terrific waitress

Error

Strata Poster
Guy behind (I assume) you looks like he's napping.

Just finished packing and it's almsot 2am! Trip begins for me tomorrow!

madhjsp

Giga Poster
So Toro didn't operate all day and, by the looks of the ORP, Ka operated well into the evening?

You sure you didn't accidentally step into an episode of the Twilight Zone?

^ Haha, Toro being closed was a massive bummer.. I have the cred already and I was still really angry that I didn't get to reride it, so I can't imagine how mad the people who don't have the creds must have been! It was still a good day though, and we got everything done, so yay. Nitro was a lot better than I remembered as well.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Ka sucked ball </3 TTD is amazeballs <3 El Toro spiting us literally almost made me cry. One of the 3 or so coaster I've been fapping over for years... and it was closed for 'maintenance' </3

Although it seems we've been spited almost every day, and had un expected and costly complications in New York, it's been a very enjoyable last few days. Just getting ready for Knoebels and Dorney which should be fun times :) Will post more detail and pictures etc when I have the time.

Meanwhile, in Times Square, I witnessed the most hilarious anti-Semitic rant about toys from... ELMO?! :

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuouL4WnM9A[/youtube]

madhjsp

Giga Poster
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Nitro was a lot better than I remembered as well.

Yeah when I was riding it for the first time last week I was surprised at how good it was! I'd read on CF ad nauseam that it was over-trimmed and forceless, but I didn't notice any trimming at all and got some really nice floater on just about every hill. Plus... hammerheads <3

ciallkennett said:
Meanwhile, in Times Square, I witnessed the most hilarious anti-Semitic rant about toys from... ELMO?!
That is actually hilarious! Also somewhat unnerving.

That's a damn shame for those of you who would've been riding Toro for the first time... I feel for ya.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
madhjsp said:
LiveForTheLaunch said:
Nitro was a lot better than I remembered as well.

Yeah when I was riding it for the first time last week I was surprised at how good it was! I'd read on CF ad nauseam that it was over-trimmed and forceless, but I didn't notice any trimming at all and got some really nice floater on just about every hill. Plus... hammerheads <3
I loved Nitro too. I think I just love B&M Hypers! :p

The Toro spite is pretty vile though... :(

Martyn B

CF Legend
I'll start off by saying that I was very disappointed that our members from the UK, Sweden & Canada didn't get to enjoy Boulder Dash at it's best (but nowhere near as poor as furie's ride on Phoenix). The Kid & I have never seen it running so poorly, but then we've never ridden when it was raining. At least the rain held off for most of the time after we arrived & coaster got better with each ride, but even the best ride of the day was the poorest Aidan & I have ever had.

Sounds like a bitter fanboy who's disappointed with other members thoughts on the ride? :lol: Surely the rain would have made it better?

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
What's interesting from what little you guys have said so far, is that despite us going on different days to you guys, we've had similar experiences. I think that's proof that in some instances it's not group psychology, but physical differences in the way rides run.

We went to Lake Compounce today and were underwhelmed by Boulder Dash. It didn't rain much today, just spat a little. It was fairly warm. Park was rammed with **** middle school kids and closed at 4, but we were out of there by 2 because there is absolutely nothing to do at that park! HOW can they charge $40?? What an absolute joke! Boulder Dash was good, great even, and I can fully believe it improves drastically in certain conditions... But what I experienced today was not the ride I'd heard about.

Nitro was a HELL of a lot better than I remember too! I remembered a poor, poor rid'due to weather. Ka was not as good as I remember. The park also closed the park at 6pm "due to weather", which stopped halfway through the day. Ugh. And then, on top of that, in true Six Flags style, they closed the queues early, which made me rage.

I'm so sorry you guys missed out on Toro. That **** sucks, luckily it ran for us. We missed out on Quassy too, because the park ISN'T EVEN OPEN on the day we'd planned to go! (There were no calenders up when I planned this ****, but because everything else was open I didn't question it.)

We didn't have these problems last time we did this, at the exact same time of year. The parks all opened late. I can only assume that what with the economy, parks have cut back, and the weather has caused issues?

Dorney Park tomorrow.... Thunder storms predicted. Eugughghghghg. Cedar Fair parks in the rain. Oh joy. I bet something will spite us.

Good luck guys...

Snoo

The Legend
I will soon be in the company of Antionos, Error, and Young Joey and we'll BEGIN our adventure tomorrow! :)

Yesterday was fab. Phoenix is going back in my top ten and the haunted house was even more awesome than I remember it being :p . Talon ended up being my 300th cred, and Hydra was nowhere near as bad as people have made it out to be! Besides being ridiculously tired, I'm ready for today. I'm also ready to see everyone else who is joining us at this time tomorrow!

madhjsp

Giga Poster
^ What is there to hate about hydra? It's pretty smooth and it packs a lot into a tiny layout. I thought it was a great coaster!

MouseAT

Hyper Poster
ECG said:
I'll start off by saying that I was very disappointed that our members from the UK, Sweden & Canada didn't get to enjoy Boulder Dash at it's best (but nowhere near as poor as furie's ride on Phoenix). The Kid & I have never seen it running so poorly.
That's a real shame. Boulder Dash (when it's running well) is just amazing. At least now I know why the people posting on Facebook sounded so disappointed and underwhelmed by the ride.

Martyn B said:
Sounds like a bitter fanboy who's disappointed with other members thoughts on the ride? :lol: Surely the rain would have made it better?
No. Just no. On a good day, Boulder Dash is just mind-blowingly awesome. Nothing else comes close.

ciallkennett said:
Ka sucked ball </3
It is a rattly little bugger, isn't it?

ciallkennett said:
El Toro spiting us literally almost made me cry. One of the 3 or so coaster I've been fapping over for years... and it was closed for 'maintenance' </3
That really sucks. Of all the rides that had to be closed, it had to be that one. El Toro is amazing. I feel your pain.

It's good to hear that people are having a good time anyway. Hope you all enjoy the rest of the trip, and that your luck with the coasters improves somewhat.

Youngster Joey

Strata Poster
Got up at 6 after going to bed at 4 to drive 5 hours to Lakemont. Got to lakemont and found out Brett7710 was there when the lady at the entrance had mentioned it to us. Went to ride Leap the Dips first. first thing we noticed was the anti-rollback devices were really old school. The ride itself is fantastic and had much more punch and airtime than I thought it would. After that we went to go ride Toboggan but it started sprinkling so they closed it. We went to go get the kiddie credit but they turned us away so we went to skyliner instead. Rode that 4 times and finally found Brett when we finished. We decided to go back to toboggan and while I had no issues being short and reletively skinny, anyone larger or who went with another person I suspect did not enjoy it. We then went back to Skyliner to get a ride in the front seats. after that we went back to leap the dips for one more ride before we left for Knoebels. The ride operator was fantastic and I got 3 free rides and Marc got to help operate the coaster. It was a wonderful time. After that we raced to Knoebels to get there before it closed at 6. We got there in 2 hours despite the GPS saying 2 and 1/2 and went straight to phoenix. We rode phoenix and thought it was excellent then went to ride Black Diamond which was eh at best. From there we went and rode Twister and than ran back for Phoenix one more time. By this point it was 5:50 and we only had a total of $1.25 worth of tickets left so I went and got the Kiddie Credit. That thing whips you around. All in all despite the absurd hours of driving and 2 hours of sleep I really did enjoy the day