What's new

Football Topic

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Chris Brown said:
As for tonight's game I can see Pulis' men getting a good result. My money would probably be on them to win actually. An aging city squad with Aguero and silva unlikely to play which likely means sterling will start as a lone striker. Will certainly be interesting to watch anyway. I predict 1-0 to WBA.

This is why I don't gamble...

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
Ok double post but as the seasons coming to an end i thought i'd ask the question everyone has been asking!

Will Leicester do it? here are their run of fixtures,

Premier League
Leicester v Southampton Sun 3 Apr 13:30

Premier League
Sunderland v Leicester Sun 10 Apr 13:30

Premier League
Leicester v West Ham Sun 17 Apr 13:30

Premier League
Leicester v Swansea Sun 24 Apr 16:15
May 2016

Premier League
Man Utd v Leicester Sun 1 May 13:30

Premier League
Leicester v Everton Sat 7 May 15:00

Premier League
Chelsea v Leicester Sun 15 May 15:00

Only viable competition i can see is spurs, here are their remaining fixtures,

April 2016

Premier League
Liverpool v Tottenham Sat 2 Apr 17:30

Premier League
Tottenham v Man Utd Sun 10 Apr 16:00

Premier League
Stoke v Tottenham Mon 18 Apr 20:00

Premier League
Tottenham v West Brom Mon 25 Apr 20:00
May 2016

Premier League
Chelsea v Tottenham Mon 2 May 20:00

Premier League
Tottenham v Southampton Sat 7 May 15:00

Premier League
Newcastle v Tottenham Sun 15 May 15:00

Leicester are currently 5 points ahead of spurs so would require to drop at least 5 points to be over taken.

Now the interesting bit,

As you can see i may be slightly biased in wanting Leicester to do it.

Would you cash out?

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Leicester will win it.
Spurs have a nasty run in and will drop points, somehow Leicester keep pulling out 1-0 wins.
I'm focusing on guaranteeing 4th, and if we do that, then guarantee 3rd etc. If we get to the last 3 games within 3 points of Leicester then I'll start thinking about the title, but we're Spurs... the stars always align to **** us over.

I don't bet, but I hope you make the right choice.

nealbie

CF Legend
Leicester will win before May.

Tottenham will lose to Liverpool, Man Utd and at best draw with Stoke. Leicester will beat Southampton, Sunderland and West Bromwich. Putting them 13 points ahead with 4 to play.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016
DelPiero said:
Leicester will win it.
Spurs have a nasty run in and will drop points, somehow Leicester keep pulling out 1-0 wins.
I'm focusing on guaranteeing 4th, and if we do that, then guarantee 3rd etc. If we get to the last 3 games within 3 points of Leicester then I'll start thinking about the title, but we're Spurs... the stars always align to **** us over.

I don't bet, but I hope you make the right choice.

Cheers,

Im a little worried as Leicester are playing very nervous football at the moment and its much easier to be the chaser than be chased.

nealbie said:
Leicester will win before May.

Tottenham will lose to Liverpool, Man Utd and at best draw with Stoke. Leicester will beat Southampton, Sunderland and West Bromwich. Putting them 13 points ahead with 4 to play.

Being a Pool fan i really hope we can get a result against spurs but i wouldnt bet on us! Southampton are also a team not to be under estimated, as they proved on sunday! Hoping you are right though Neal!

caffeine_demon said:
bet you wish you'd put a tenner on it now don't you?

Hindsight is a wonderful thing! Glad i even out a pound on it if im honest, odds were around 4500/1 before the season which was apparently less likely than David Cameron to be the next Aston Villa manager! http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/11-things-were-officially-more-7320326 Bookies really didnt help themselves...

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I'm interested how leaving the EU affects the Premiership. I know there probably won't be any more Yanks playing footy in the UK, but how will it be for other countries? And what happens with teams like Arsenal, Man City, Chelsea, etc. that are stocked full of EU players that will now count as foreigners? Could be good for the National Team with more Brits getting playing time.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Not necessarily be good if the overall quality of the league drops.

Conversely, may harm the likes of the Spanish national team if they've not got players over here getting regular game time.

I know that it means we'll definitely not see the likes of Bellerin or Fabregas coming through. As it stands I've seen that Martial and Schneiderlin wouldn't qualify for UK visa's but I didn't' see why that was.

Dave

CF Legend
Only three weeks until the football season starts again (well the English League or whatever it's called now), and I cannot wait. Really hope Pompey can win the title and complete the quadruple of league trophies and join the elite club!

Will

Strata Poster
...I don't think I like football anymore :p

Although, championship next year has the chance to be more interesting, at least.

Pierre

Strata Poster
It's weird because Stoke's last two games you were actually leading and if you'd managed to hang on it would have created some excitement to the end of the season, now relegation looks a foregone conclusion.

Boro have cobbled together a couple of good results against playoff rivals recently which has put us in a solid position to at least have a go in the playoffs, a win against Millwall at home on Saturday should confirm it. Our record against all of those teams in and around the playoffs haven't been great though so it would take some playoff magic to join Wolves up there.

davidm

Strata Poster
Think Cardiff will edge Fulham (games in hand and all that) and then Fulham will storm the playoffs - would rather Fulham get auto-tho' just to spite Colin as I could see Cardiff self-destructing (double-spite yay!) in the play-offs then its anyone's - would have actually plumped for Millwall until their defeat at the w/end.
</safe and sound :) >

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
A real "nothing" season for Norwich. Just been too inconsistent, think it's worth sticking with Farke for another year though!

Best teams I've seen this year have been Wolves and Fulham, Cardiff were lucky to beat us by a similar scoreline! (not that I'm bitter).

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Spurs have had a poor season by recent standards but we have been playing away all season, hoping we can finish with a flurry and pip Liverpool to 3rd.

Will

Strata Poster
Well, at least that's the last time football will ruin my day until August.

Oh wait...
Most painful part is that for about half an hour, I actually started believing again.

(We'll come back up and win the cup, and kick **** out of Vale...)