What's new

Football Topic

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Good luck to the Cambridge lads, cracking tie there. Spurs could have done without the replay, but surprised we are still in all three cups.

marc

CF Legend
ECG said:
^More like "typical Spurs"... :roll:

Typical beat Chelsea then nothing. We were rubbish in the second half the game should have been over by then.

But well done.

ThomVD

Giga Poster
I can't believe Southampton is still doing well <3 I thought they'd drop massively when they got all the top clubs in succession, but they managed to keep the damage relatively low.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I though Southampton's rise was over after loosing so many players at the end of last season, but have been pleasantly surprised. Koeman has done a great job of taking over from Pochettino, who hasn't impressed me at Spurs as much as he did with the Saints last year. Really enjoyed today's win over ManU as well as the two victories over Arsenal, but not thrilled about the result at the Lane. :wink:

marc

CF Legend
Yeah it seems the club have a great attitude and get the most out their player and its makes the mangers look better. The players that left their have done little to impress at their new clubs.

Like you jerry I'm not at all impressed with the Spurs manager. I cannot see him lasting long.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Sanchez is still the best player in the league, Ozil is finally fit again and Theo is back.

A shame the City game comes a week too soon as the holy trinity won't all start.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Somehow managed to get a ticket for Cambridge United vs. Manchester United. Absolutely cannot wait, going to be amazing, with an amazing atmosphere.

Nemesis Inferno

Strata Poster
I do sometimes miss the days of getting to Play-Offs and the queue around the Sainsburys car park at the Palace...

For the last final all we had to do was book it online, kinda took the fun out of it :lol:

Dave

CF Legend
ECG said:
I though Southampton's rise was over after loosing so many players at the end of last season, but have been pleasantly surprised. Koeman has done a great job of taking over from Pochettino, who hasn't impressed me at Spurs as much as he did with the Saints last year. Really enjoyed today's win over ManU as well as the two victories over Arsenal, but not thrilled about the result at the Lane. :wink:

It's because all the transfer decisions are probably not his. Fazio is an awful defender, luckily Kane, Eriksen and Lloris are making you look flattering.
Also don't make me think of Southampton....just makes me slightly want to cry, ha. I admire them but by god it's just hard to watch....while we err lose to Newport....