What's new

Football Topic

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016
Re: Barclay's Premier League

It's been quite a day for the Premier League...the highlight for me was seeing Spurs trounce Chelsea 5-3, I bet that atmosphere was beautiful.

Also seeing Arsenal lose was grand.

marc

CF Legend
Barclay's Premier League

Could not believe the game today when we went 1 down against the run of play I thought that was it.

Was such a good game and we vaulted the gunners and West Ham :).

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

marc said:
Could not believe the game today when we went 1 down against the run of play I thought that was it.

Was such a good game and we vaulted the gunners and West Ham :).
QFT
What a way to start the new year!
Loved that John Terry was made the fool thrice in the past few games, especially Chadli's nutmeg that ended up being the game winner. Too bad that Spurs fell asleep on the restart and allowed him to pull one back.

marc

CF Legend

I was watching it with mates and was saying Kane was slow and there was no one in the box, then I was how the hell did that go in the net lol.

Best I've seen us play in years tbh, we need to play like that every game and stop the silly defence errors.

Just brilliant though I'm buzzing still, 7 points over Xmas and Man U and Chelsea could not beat us.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

Will be interesting to see what Pochettino can do over the next weeks. I'm not expecting much over the transfer window other than getting rid of some of the dead weight. I know Andre Yedlin will be joining the team, but that's one position that Spurs already have covered fairly well. So I wouldn't be surprised to see him being loaned out. I think it's more about getting everyone he's keeping up to snuff and, as you said, playing like this on a regular basis (especially at home).

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016

Apparently Pochettino has been training the team really hard recently, more so than towards the beginning of season at least, so hopefully the team's fitness is increasing with it.

They've got Crystal Palace next (well after the FA cup match against Burnley at least) which should see us get something at least...he said, probably jinxing it all.

DelPiero

Strata Poster

marc said:
Best I've seen us play in years tbh, we need to play like that every game and stop the silly defence errors.
Agreed, easily our best performance this year in an attacking sense, but we shouldn't have conceded 3, silly errors.
ECG said:
Will be interesting to see what Pochettino can do over the next weeks. I'm not expecting much over the transfer window other than getting rid of some of the dead weight.
This is key, we have way too many squad players which aren't effective, however, Mason just picked up a injury and Bentaleb is going to the ACN, so we may not see as many of the CM's leaving as i'd hoped. I do expect Capoue to leave though. 3 out, maybe 1 in, preferably a WF and I'll be happy.
ECG said:
I know Andre Yedlin will be joining the team, but that's one position that Spurs already have covered fairly well. So I wouldn't be surprised to see him being loaned out.
I'd probably prefer for him to stay and half a half season training with the team rather than be loaned out and miss the opportunity to work with Pochettino for 6 months, I also expect either Chiriches or Naughton to leave in Jan.

marc

CF Legend

Strong stories are Lenon to qpr, Austin to Spurs. We need to get rid of Soldardo fast, but some are saying lamela could be off.

DelPiero

Strata Poster

marc said:
Strong stories are Lenon to qpr, Austin to Spurs. We need to get rid of Soldardo fast, but some are saying lamela could be off.
Lennon can leave, 1 or 2 good games a season is nowhere near good enough.
Austin or Ings would be a good addition.
I'd prefer to keep Soldado than Adebayor, but if a new striker arrives then one must leave.
Lamela has to stay, way too much potential to give up on him already. I think one more season for him to prove he has a place here.

marc

CF Legend

No one can afford Ade that's the problem so we have to wait for his contract to expire :(.

Agree we need to keep Lamela he's great just needs to get a bit stronger.

DelPiero

Strata Poster

Yeah, I'd be very surprised if we can shift Ade before the contract's up, but I can dream.
Lamela winds me up so much as you can see the talent's there but is yet to apply it on a regular basis.

Pierre

Strata Poster

When did the board acquire so many Tottenham fans, was it 2 days ago? ;-)

Pardew has gone to Palace and one of the managers in the running (according to the bookies) is Aitor Karanka (boros manager) which would be disastrous for us really but can't see it happening.

Bamford has recently extended his loan with us until the end of the season which is great news all round really.

F.A Cup 3rd round weekend, the most unpredictable weekend for betting. We're away to Barnsley who we should beat comfortably really...

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016

Pierre said:

Usually we don't have much to celebrate so keep quiet ;)

To be fair, I actually support Cambridge United but Tottenham is the Premier League team I follow as my dad supports them and his dad did before him. I actually went to my first ever Premier League game just before Christmas.

1979474_10204742039025225_5498663378562587794_n.jpg

It was against Burnley and we won 2-1, I really enjoyed myself.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator

Pierre said:
Yeah. I always thought it was just Marc and myself. Nice to see there are others here.
So has Kane proven he's more than just a flash in the pan, or will it take an entire season of performing like this?

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster

Slightly OT - but I see Norwich turned in their usual FA cup performance today..

Not a single shot on target. utter crud!

DelPiero

Strata Poster

ECG said:
Pierre said:
Yeah. I always thought it was just Marc and myself. Nice to see there are others here.
So has Kane proven he's more than just a flash in the pan, or will it take an entire season of performing like this?
I've been hoping Kane would come good, even after his disastrous first start when he missed a penalty against Hearts and he was rubbish. It's because he's one of our own, from 11yrs old through the academy, he's genuinely a spurs fan and never stops trying.
He's been banging them in for the England U21 side as well, but when you score 2 and setup 2 against Chelsea, you've pretty much made it. Here's hoping he keeps up this form, if not then he'll still get a few goals, maybe just not at the frequency he is now.

Jordanovichy

Credit Whore 2016

Can this topic be renamed just football because FA Cup and cambridge United.

Cambridge United have got Manchester United at home in the 4th round of the FA Cup. The temptation to pay the £50 train fare up is almost unbearable.

ThomVD

Giga Poster

^ I changed it. All things football can be discussed in here!

Good luck with that :p .

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
So excited with the FA Cup draw!

As you've heard Cambridge United v Manchester United. We have played them before and narrowly lost.

But I have the upmost confidence we will win. I've just got to brace myself for the big game 'fans'.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
I was pissed that they weren't showing the Spurs FA Cup game over here today and that I couldn't find it on the interwebs, but after seeing the result perhaps it was for the better.
At least Stevie Gerrard came through for Liverpool. That should help push his coming to the Galaxy into the national sports spotlight a bit more.