What's new

Flamingo Land | Sik | Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster | 2022

Fluorineer

Mega Poster
Personally I’m pretty excited for this. Even if it is just an off the shelf design, it’s still the first Intamin outside of Merlin, and surely that’s something worth celebrating.

How dare you forget about Shockwave :p
EDIT: whoops, too slow

But I agree, as far as larger-scale clones go, this is one of the better ones, and will arguably be the only good Intamin in the country besides Stealth.

FR7

Roller Poster
It really has been unbelievable how fast they have put it up.

I just hope there isn't any bad weather on the way to hold it all up.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Not the most pleasing coaster to look at, but it's better than not seeing a coaster at all!

bob_3_

Giga Poster
I've changed my mind re the being repainted to fit in with the planning app and firmly believe this is staying as is!

I've changed my mind too. Initially I wanted it to stay red and yellow, now I wouldn't mind a repaint as it clashes so badly with velocity.

Dar

Hyper Poster
On its own it looks ok-ish, but against everything else there it just clashes really badly at the minute.

UKCoasterFan

Mega Poster
Not been to Flamingo Land but I'd imagine this would rank as my favourite coaster there straight away. It's a toss up between that and Velocity. The others look too gimmicky for me to like or want to re-ride them I reckon. Hope they get a woodie after this if this does well for them.

Dar

Hyper Poster
They'll never get a woodie, they need too much maintaining

I think they're a bit confused over whether they want to be an amusement park with a zoo, a caravan park with rides, or a zoo with some rides!

From peering over t'hedges today it looked like they've taken some of the drop out again? Or are my aging eyes deceiving me

Tonkso

Hyper Poster
Not sure if it's the box supports or the Rev:B drop, but this looks bigger than Colossus. Could be the lack of Pyramid behind it, or could even be the fact that the pathways through Colossus are raised (which I love, by the way) but this does look massive.

oopnorth

Roller Poster
Sorry, slightly off topic, but still Flamingo Land orientated; do you think they’ll ever update the trains on Kumali?
Considering they have 2 trains but only ever run one (no matter how busy it is) to save on maintanence costs, I think its highly unlikely.