What's new

"Finnish Me Off" - Finland 2013 Trip Reports.

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7rwc3VGvlRY[/youtube]

Tell us all about it please :)

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
The flight couild have been better - we were 3 hours late taking off, due to "earlier weather", and then they ran out of sandwiches on board

was starving by the time I landed!!

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Where's the planning topic gone? The Live hasn't started yet and I wanted to find out about what we're doing tomorrow </leavingitalltillthelastminute>

Ps, if anyone wants to join, a few of us are in a pub in a road opposite the train station (up a road with loads of roadworks) called Stones

furie

SBOPD
Staff member
Administrator
Re: "Finnish Me Off" - Finland 2013 Trip Reports.

What a burden. I'll move it back.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Mike

Giga Poster
Finnish keyboards are annoying to use and have weird keys like Å, ½ and Ö on.

That's about all I can report on thus far. :p

Tomatron

Giga Poster
My flight was on time and I got fed. Oh well.

Sat at the bar, pint of Pilsner, tabs in hand, Lionel and Whitney on the radio. Good times.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
Great trip - thanks again to Ian from Coasterforce for the organising, and the drivers for the driving, and the awesome company!

Will write a nice trip report later, but in the meantime, heres some rather tempting food I found

Darren B

Giga Poster
I will write a proper trip report when I'm not completely knackered, but I will at least sum it up in a sentence.

1 excellent coaster, a few average ones and plenty of vile ones! 4 average parks and 16 amazing goons! All in all a fab trip, Bring on the next one.

caffeine_demon

Strata Poster
i'm guessing ukko was the excelent one?? ;)

I finished the live by going to the flamingo spa and waterpark - had a nice couple of chill out hours in the pools and saunas

jayjay

Giga Poster
Re: "Finnish Me Off" - Finland 2013 Trip Reports.

On my return flight (yay free onboard WiFi) recovering from what has been a fantastic few days. A more comprehensive review and one or two pics will follow later but for now, I'll just say that the company was excellent, the parks were great too and I've really enjoyed my first euro live. Here's hoping I can get more money so I can do more.

Highlight of the trip was easily Thunderbird. By the time it had warmed up in the evening it was rivalling my favourites.

Thanks to Ian for organising everything and the drivers for lugging everyone around. Thanks to everyone else for all the antics!

nadroJ

CF Legend
I'm home bitches!

So yeah, fab 4 days, sides still aching from laughing so much! Thunderbird was the best coaster in the trip by a long shot but there was lots of weird and wonderful things that you don't usually see so I guess Finland is a land of originality but not quality?

Thanks to the drivers, IfC for organisation and many of the hilarious moments, just, yeah, fab times all round.

Peter

Hyper Poster
Back in the UK now too and have fallen straight off the plane and into work this afternoon. Feeling mighty shattered!

Another great Euro Live gone smoothly, so i'll do the usual many thanks to Ian for organisation, drivers for getting us around and everyone else for making it a fun few days. Also thanks to the parks (if they read this?) for welcoming us and for the ERT sessions which were greatly received. :)

As expected, there were no real outstanding coasters on the trip, just lots of quirky and different ride types that you don't see very often in other parks. Best ride goes to Thunderbird (front of train) at PowerPark when we rode it in the afternoon and also to the Half Pipe at Särkänniemi which was surprisingly fun. The vile spinning/inverting flat ride at Linnanmaki is also deserving of some love, if only for how awesome yet disgusting it was!

Finland as a country was a bit meh. Mostly flat, covered in trees and lakes for miles and miles. Helsinki was a lovely city but a bit dull for a tourist, so glad we didn't spend more than an afternoon there.

We never got any group photos either :(

davidm

Strata Poster
I'm still here so will not have much interesting to say for a while...

To keep you going though, some crappy on-rides. (....the shame, the shame....)

9460104290_3001425383.jpg

9460100960_f60060c613.jpg

9460098154_86a27d69f6.jpg

9460094424_8edb8b8b1b.jpg

9457311177_d3a8a7e7d6.jpg

9460089718_c60435937d.jpg

9460086344_b03cab3140.jpg

9460083346_079b95c122.jpg

Mike

Giga Poster
Another fantastic trip, superbly organised by Ian.

Thank you to Ian, all the drivers, to the parks for giving us tours, ERT sessions and discounts, to all the people who had to put up sleeping in the same room as me, and to everyone else for making it an excellent few days. :)

Very nice to meet Serena and Darren and to see everyone else again.

I'll do a proper report at some point in the future with photos.

ciallkennett

Strata Poster
Thank you to everybody who made this live so fantastic! Special thanks to Ian for his brilliant organisation, the drivers for getting us to places with a smile and to the parks for being so welcoming and friendly. 19 (20 disputed) roller coasters ridden, multiple bruises attained, endless smiling sessions and a plethora of memories to cherish.

I will write more in the coming days, but here's something that's get your juices flowing: August's picture for the Ian from Coasterforce Official 2014 Calendar.

1098143_10151533221391905_315218947_n.jpg