What's new

Ferrari World Abu Dhabi | Mission Ferrari | Dynamic Attractions | 2023

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Thanks for sharing Dave. Did you get the chance to ride (if so, what's it like)?

davidm

Strata Poster
Good work Dave - did you get to ride it or was it mounted cameras only?
Not desperately impressed by it though to be honest; backwards more interesting than forwards perhaps.
S'pose its pretty unique for the region so sure that they don't care! :)

Dubaidave

Hyper Poster
Yes I did get to ride. It's pretty good. The forward fa ing seats are great for an amazing view over Yas island at the top and the rear facing seats fell more thrilling and the view straight down the spike is really cool

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Another question! :p How does it look from outside the park? Do you actually get a good distance above the main roof?

Ravensrulz

Roller Poster
Full press release for Test Track can be read here: http://coasterforce.com/turbo-track-ferrari-world-march/ Yes, I'm going to make you click the link rather than me copy and pasting it, but have these two images as compensation.

I had been watching the building of this, to me, it just does not interest me to much. It didn't look very fast and I haven't been on rcdb to check the speed out. I like Wicked Twisters concept and the ride itself, really cool from front and back seat.
TurboTrack-2.jpg

TurboTrack-1.jpg

Peet

Giga Poster
Here are a couple of snaps from this weekend, first the ride entrance:
20180316_172502.jpg

And here's the extremely well documented piece of visible track - there are now no shutters or curtains suggesting they may have been testing it, although there was no sign whatsoever of that during the day. You can see some greenery inside but that's about it.
20180316_173904.jpg

The park map still just says new ride coming soon. I'd love to know what the hold-up is!

Other notes - I thought Turbo Track was a nice addition; extremely short but a decent thrill and quite different forwards and backwards. Flying Aces - wow what a ride; very intense but very smooth; a long ride but fun and unpredictable from the start to the end. Formula Rossa - I have ridden it before, still amazingly powerful on the launch but not actually particularly enjoyable after that!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It might be perspective, but those openings look terribly small!

I can't wait to see this testing, so we can finally find out that the **** it actually is!