What's new

Favourite coaster drop?

Jake Martell

Roller Poster
Surprised there isn't more love for beyond verticals...Cannibal, Takabisha, and Maverick definitely take it for me (the former two being rides that still actually scare me). Being slowly let down/or launched into such bizzare ejector airtime is such an exhilarating feeling.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
Raging Bull Back Row, Goliath SFGAm, Skyrush, and the double down on Viper SFGAm are all wonderful.

Sent from my VS820 using Tapatalk

ashcoaster3

Roller Poster
Surprised there isn't more love for beyond verticals...Cannibal, Takabisha, and Maverick definitely take it for me (the former two being rides that still actually scare me). Being slowly let down/or launched into such bizzare ejector airtime is such an exhilarating feeling.
This isn't a popular opinion but I quite like el loco first drops. A lot of Eurofighter drops just feel vertical.

Mysterious Sue

Strata Poster
Skyrush. I actually thought I was going to die. The speed you enter the drop after the lift is insane. Out of the hypers I've done, I'd have to pick Shambhala.

Serena

Miss CoasterForce 2016
Staff member
Social Media Team
Call me weird but I'm going to have to say Saws indoor drop. It's tiny but it gets me everytime. And the way it looks as though you will actually hit the blades! It's fab and really has that plummetting feeling.

I also loved both Valravns drops, so swoopy, endless and smooth! And Mavericks is great fun taking a Beyond Vertical drop at that speed.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Rode Expedition GeForce today for the first time. That drop is far in the back row!

Not sure it's quite my favourite (then again, not sure what is), but it was very good!

SaiyanHajime

CF Legend
Blackpools's Big One might be my favourite.

It feels like toppling down the stairs in a plastic toybox. It's amazing.

There are obviously better drops out there, but I think Big One's first drop is important and overlooked because the ride isn't good objectively. But the location enhances that drop if you just take off the enthusiast glasses and enjoy it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Over an hour of nighttime ERT on Fury 325 just now has made me think that may be the greatest drop I've had (or Toro or i305 or Skyrush, but probably Fury).

sKrATcher

Roller Poster
Millennium Force (still my #1 favorite ride), I305 (now my #2 favorite), and The Saw (Thorpe Park) rank as my favorites drops

Astro61201

Roller Poster
Although small, I love the drop on nemesis, it just turns around slowly and then builds up speed out of no where before chucking you into the corkscrew, absolute gold IMO.

MestnyiGeroi

Giga Poster
Although small, I love the drop on nemesis, it just turns around slowly and then builds up speed out of no where before chucking you into the corkscrew, absolute gold IMO.
If I can think of the smallest drops with the biggest punch, it'd probably be Wooden Warrior -- that thing is tiny.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
I don't have a unique favourite, but Lech Coaster (front), Expedition GeForce (back), El Toro and Superman SFNE are the most exciting I've ridden!

ashcoaster3

Roller Poster
Call me weird but I'm going to have to say Saws indoor drop. It's tiny but it gets me everytime.
I agree, I like small compact coaster drops sometimes. Bigger coasters are great but if it is on a smaller coaster, getting over the shock of underestimating it is incredible.

ashcoaster3

Roller Poster
Blackpools's Big One might be my favourite.

It feels like toppling down the stairs in a plastic toybox. It's amazing.

There are obviously better drops out there, but I think Big One's first drop is important and overlooked because the ride isn't good objectively. But the location enhances that drop if you just take off the enthusiast glasses and enjoy it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I like the big one drop because of the steep twist at the start, it gives good ejector airtime in the back seat. Some people I think prefer straight down drops but ill do either.