What's new

Favourite B&M Floorless Steel Roller Coaster?

JTRCBOY97

Roller Poster
What is your favourite B&M floorless roller coaster, i have always loved Kraken at Sea World but i dont know if its the best out there, how about you?? :?

theRock-steel

Mega Poster
^ It is in the top 10 of steels overall, so yea.

Superman KC and Medusa (Bizarro) are ok, but are not in the same league.
I need to ride Dominator; that may be close.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Yay for list topics!

1. Superman la Attracion de Acero - Amazing first drop, really good inversions and an airtime hill. I loved it. It could have been the suspense factor of not seeing it at all before hitting the top of the lift hill as well. I've heard it described as "trimmed and forceless", but that wasn't my experience of it at all.

2. Insane Speed - Great first drop again, which gives it the edge over my number 3, despite it being smaller and shorter.

3. Dominator - Mainly for the sheer size of it I guess.

4. Scream - I think it's because it was dark and the car park is far less obvious than it would have been otherwise. It's basically the same coaster as...

5. Bizarro - I liked it well enough, though the whole refit is completely pointless.

6. Batman: The Dark Night - I always thought this looked really similar to Insane Speed, but it just really was nowhere near as good.

7. Daemonen: A bit rubbish really, though the zero G was ok in the middle of the train.

8. Hydra: A load of s**t basically.

Mike

Giga Poster
I'm not a huge fan of any of the ones I've been on to be honest, although SFDK's Medusa is probably my favourtie, followed by Kraken.

Hydra was "ok", as were KD's Dominator, SFNE's Batman.

Scream was just **** though, so that goes at the bottom.

So...
1- Medusa
2- Kraken
3- Hydra
4- Dominator
5- Batman: The Dark Knight
6- Scream!

Hooray for lists! :)

Ben

CF Legend
Scream
Medusa West
Medusa East
Dominator
Batman Dark Knight
Kraken
Superman (Warner)
Hydra

Would be my list I think. I LOVED Scream, felt a lot more intense than Medusa, which I still really liked.

CreditCrazy

Hyper Poster
Medusa West is the best... actually it's the only one I really enjoy. Dommy's probably my second favorite but I didn't care much for it at all. Hydra's third, only for some of the cool features it has, but the rest sucks, and then Dark Knight, Bizarro and Scream! are complete ****.

Snoo

The Legend
You never went to Geauga? Shame Joe.

For me? Dommy is clearly the best.. followed by.. I dunno.. the rest mostly suck. Kraken is the worst by far.

Hyde

Matt SR
Staff member
Social Media Team
^ What, Hydra doesn't tickle your fancy!? :p

Dominator is a massive roller coaster that packs a ton of force and speed into a smaller footprint. Frankly, the floorless bit seems an afterthought, but still makes it my favorite floorless.

Snoo

The Legend
Hyde244 said:
^ What, Hydra doesn't tickle your fancy!? :p

Dominator is a massive roller coaster that packs a ton of force and speed into a smaller footprint. Frankly, the floorless bit seems an afterthought, but still makes it my favorite floorless.

Not really. Too slow, too rough, and not really exciting. It was unique tho.

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
PLCP - back from the dead to post here? :p

Nice to see you posting again bud!

Error

Strata Poster
SnooSnoo said:
You never went to Geauga? Shame Joe.

2 issues with that:

1) Parents HATE to travel, therefore I didn't do anything fun far away. CP was the absolute furthest I went with them.
2) By the time I heard of Geauga, it was the last season.

Though Dominator is definitely on my to ride list, along with Toro and SFNE Bizzaro

ECG

East Coast(er) General
Staff member
Administrator
You can't leave Boulder Dash off that list Joe. :wink: