What's new

Fantawild Nanning | Nanning China | Theme Park

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
Well, just call me Mystic f**king Meg:

I said:
Nanning was an ok sort of place really. There’s nothing that really stands out about it to make it worth making a massive effort for, but it was nice enough and was an easy and cheap weekend away from here. It was also an easy +10 to the coaster count as the parks aren’t all stupidly spread out everywhere.

For a city of 3 million people though, it seems strange not to have a proper theme park yet though. I really wouldn’t be surprised to see Fantawild or Wanda fixing that soon though as it seems ripe for a decent park.

No news what kind of Fantawild this will be yet - Adventure, Dreamland, Oriental Heritage - but since it's the first one going in it'll be one of the first two. So far there's only a Vekoma Boomerang confirmed, but I'm sure we'll find out soon about other coasters going in.

http://rcdb.com/7850.htm

That makes 19 Fantawild parks now.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
yeah this one surprised me and Duane. The Boomerang popped up on a list given to the RCDB by Vekoma of future coasters. But Fantawild have made no announcements about a park.

It's possible it could be a Oriental Heritage park. Jinan only has one Fantawild and it's one of those. Same with Ningbo. But yes I'd say its more likely to be an Adventure.

I guess time will tell. Looks like Datong is setting up for a second park too and theres a second one opening just after the first in Ningbo so that would be 21 in total.

Madness

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
^There's a Fantawild Adventure only 35 miles from Jinan's Oriental Heritage. Not the same city, and clearly not part of an overall resort, but definitely in the same catchment area.

I also think that Euro Park being built at the same time had something to do with the choice of a very different style of park for Jinan. Nanning has no such competition. Who knows though; wait and see I guess.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Very true. An Adventure would have made less sense in Jinan.
Wait and see indeed.
I'm willing to bet there will be at least 2 more to follow before this ones even built :)

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Rides continue to go up. The MVR wooden coaster (a clone of Jungle Trailblazer in Zhengzhou) is about half done while the Boomerang is now complete.

Any chance someone could move this over to Park construction?

Naner1.jpg Naner2.jpg Naner3.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I'm liking the look of the small hill after the first drop on that woodie.

Ben

CF Legend
If you're gonna clone something, you can clone something a lot worse!

And lets face it, how many of us will ride them all?

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
If you're gonna clone something, you can clone something a lot worse!

And lets face it, how many of us will ride them all?
Probably just one.

It's not the first cloned woodie in China, and I really don't think it's an issue at all. Sure, it's more interesting to follow construction of a new layout, but 99.9999% of visitors to the Nanning park wouldn't have been to the Zhengzhou one.

The Zhengzhou woodie is fab anyway.

Reactions: Ben

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Oh come on at least two :p

While yes clones are a bit annoying in a way there is nearly 800 miles between the 2 parks. thats like London to Rome. not many people will ever know.
And it certainly isn't the first chinese woodie clone. There are 2 others I can think of that have been cloned. (HV Tianjin > Fantawild Zuzhou & Fantawild Jinan > Fantawild Ningbo)

Alpengeistcui

Roller Poster
Some images of the vekoma boomerang and the MVR wooden coaster from weibo(https://m.weibo.cn/status/413096317...1077195010&wm=9006_2001&featurecode=newtitle)
a78b332agy1fhobmfqhu6j20rs0kuwl9.jpg

a78b332agy1fhobls7ncmj20rs0kujw4.jpg