What's new

Fantasy Island (UK) Updates - GForce returns p5

Martyn B

CF Legend
Thought I might as well have a topic for the UK'S Marmite park.

Weirdly, since the park entered administration last year, things have been looking up, with them investing more money last winter than they have for the previous 10 years combined. That included refurbished and new paint for the Crazy Mouse, Rhombus Rocket, Volcano and Log Flume (as well as major improvements to the parking facilities and ride operations). And to top it off, The Odyssey's train had a complete overhaul from Vekoma.

And it seems that the improvements are going to continue next year, with the park confirming that The Odyssey will have a new colour scheme for 2016:

But, to dampen the mood a bit, the Mondial Topscan "The Beast" had an incident the other day, where one of the arms hit the ride platform, damaging the platform and the seats.

I don't think anyone was on board, but I'm not 100% certain. Apparently this was caused by the ride beginning to rotate before raising away from the platform. The ride is closed with no opening date being given by the park.

Smithy

Strata Poster
Re: Fantasy Island (UK) Updates

Not a fan of that colour scheme, think the red stands out quite nicely as it is but I guess this at least shows they won't be removing it any time soon.

spicy

Giga Poster

Not to sure on JO new colours. Glad to hear the park is getting investment though and sounds like they have re-invested in order to improve things financially rather than close the gates which is always god to see.

And that's actually scary that can even happen on a Topscan. I guess no one was on board or we would have heard about it, would have been a bad injury.

Martyn B

CF Legend

If you look close enough, you can see that the repaint has started:

Image thanks to TPR Facebook.

T0M

Hyper Poster

Bizarre really, as you shouldn't paint things going into winter.

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

^I thought most coasters were repainted in the month(s) following opening day. Like when BTR was repainted at SFGAm this past year(same colors), there was primer on, and it was almost a month from opening.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

T0M

Hyper Poster

It's generally not a good idea to paint wet/cold things...

Martyn B

CF Legend

I bet the majority of coasters are repainted during the off season, so it's not that bizzare really.

MouseAT

Hyper Poster

GuyWithAStick said:
^Yes, but after the snow/bitter cold.
Yeah, but we're talking about the UK here, not the northern US. Temperatures will likely be above freezing for a long while yet, and I wouldn't expect to see snow any time soon. Conditions might not be ideal come January/February, but October/November? Not so much.

Martyn B

CF Legend

Yeah, not that bright though. This colour is just perfection:

84lh000oqhu000002cok3m.jpg

Sandman

Giga Poster

Smithy said:
See that black and red would look great.

Massively agree. The layout and clutter of supports really work with that red and black colour scheme. Almost reminds me of X2. So much more distinctive in my opinion. But I'm glad FI is getting some much needed TLC.

cjbrandy

Hyper Poster

Black supports were a great choice, it will hide any dirt they pick up improving presentation. Painting coaster supports/track white looks really nice for a while but they can get dirty fast and the bright colour highlights it. Yellow is certainly not the first colour I would've picked for the track, personally I think a fresh lick of turquoise would look fire but I'm not complaining, its nice to see a UK park and its coasters get some upkeep.

Smithy

Strata Poster

That looks **** horrible.

Red and black would have looked so good too :(

elephant58

Hyper Poster

I quite like it, but I think Millennium needs a repaint too, because yellow and yellow, you know.....