What's new

Fantasiana | Damalsland | new Dino themed area

Pear

Strata Poster
I can't see it being anything really big but who knows maybe they'll surprise us all

TilenB

Strata Poster
I wonder what this might be. Their 2 most recent projects were built by abc rides (indoor drop tower and log flume), so perhaps be they are going with them once again?

jayjay

Giga Poster
I was half tempted to find a way to go next year, so depending on timings, this is perfect!

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
The park are keeping this very secretive at the moment but they have revealed that it will be a new dinosaur themed area. The new attraction in it will the park's tallest at 35m.
9498203d1513461791-2018-neuheit-damalsland-themenbereich-mit-attraktion-fantasiana-osterreich-coasterfriends-5331.jpg

Placing my bets on a Gerstlauer Sky Roller as they are exactly 35m tall.
_DSC8614.jpg

http://freizeitparks.de/parkfinder/...na-erlebnispark-strasswalchen/?featurekey=473

There will also be new animatronic dinosaurs replacing the park's current ones (pictured above). The old dinos are being put up for sale and anyone can buy one if they want! The park will accept any reasonable offers (within a 3 figure range they say). Just email marketing@erlebnispark.at if you want an old dinosaur for your garden.

This has created considerable interest among German enthusiasts as the dinosaur animatronics originally were in Phantasialand. They were in the Zeittunnel (time tunnel) dark ride section of the Phantasialand-Jet monorail from 1983 to 2008. The Zeittunnel was closed and the dinosaurs sold to Fantasiana after the monorail was removed in 2008. The dark ride building was demolished in 2014 along with the Silbermine dark ride beneath it to make way for some rollercoaster called Taron...

In the background of this video you can see the dinosaurs in Fantasiana.

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
I'm hoping for a coaster, you could definitely get a solid coaster with that height!

Let's look at the coasters that could be this tall...
Not likely:
Mack Big Dipper
Mack Launch
RMC wooden
More likely:
New Gen Vekoma Flyer
Vekoma Launch
New Gen Vekoma SLC
Most likely:
High Thrill GCI (Ala Mystic Timbers)
Intamin/Gerstlauer Family Coaster
High Thrill Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster (ala Junker)
Not saying it will be a coaster, but this is if it would be a coaster. Just the ones that come to mind.

Last edited:

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
^ the "Most Likely" section. It seems as if smaller parks have enough money to afford them, but I think it would rather be a "High Thrill" to "Low Extreme" (In terms of RCDB), and that it would be a better fit for the park.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
This new photo shows the theming under construction (which appears to include a very Jurassic Park looking entrance archway). You can also see the circular foundation for the yet to be announced large 35m tall ride (still placing my bets on a Sky Roller) being worked on behind.
9512246d1522763530-2018-neuheit-damalsland-themenbereich-mit-attraktion-fantasiana-osterreich-fantasiana.jpg

From the park's Instagram.

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
http://instagr.am/p/BiU1aylHYwo/ The park has shared this sneak peak at one of the first parts to arrive on site for the new ride. Still no announcement what it will actually be.
This picture of the finished themed gateway was also released. It looks great.
9515825d1525371585-2018-neuheit-damalsland-themenbereich-mit-attraktion-fantasiana-osterreich-1234.jpg

Today IMAScore have revealed the ride will be called Flyrosaurus and released part of its soundtrack.