What's new

F-18: A NoLimits B&M Flying Coaster

unlimitedcoaster

Mega Poster
I decided to build myself a nice little coaster that everyone would be sure to enjoy: F-18. The F-18, is a B&M flying coaster that travels along both wind and speed fused together. Creating a supersonic barrier into tunnels, inversions and helixes, which one may look as, the most realistic B&M flying coaster I have created. My coasters are getting far better than my previous ones, and below is to show you, how I have improved.

F-18, is expected to be approx, 87 feet high, standing on a 55 foot tall terraforming mountain. Althought this coaster is unfinished, it will be a very precise B&M flyer once completed. It will most likely feature approx. 3-4 inversions, including a lie to fly, a fly to lie and an in-line twist. This coaster took great inspiration from John Wardley's Air. What I'm trying to give to my rider's is the experience of adrenaline packed in a compact coaster that isn't too far spread out or pushed in. The need for speed and air are a must in making a coaster like this. And it's difficulties meet the standards needed in order for this coaster to be a successful one. All supports are 100% custom!

More updates will follow...

Lofty

CF Legend
It's looking quite good. The only thing I think you better watch out for is the transition between the little pre-drop and the main drop, it looks a little sharp, also, the transition between the overbank and the fly-tp-lie element, I think the G's MAY be a little harsh!!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It looks good, I think it's got potential.

However PLEASE sort out the terraforming!

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
It just looks so tacky though.

unlimitedcoaster

Mega Poster
Xpress, NoLimits doesn't feature B&M flying coasters, only Vekoma's Flying Dutchman coaster. Either way, the track is very similar, and the viewers of the POV won't notice the inverted trains. NoLimits 2 however, will be featuring all the most recent coaster prototypes, like the B&M wingrider coaster (X-Raptor) and flying coasters.

Xpress

Strata Poster
unlimitedcoaster said:
Xpress, NoLimits doesn't feature B&M flying coasters, only Vekoma's Flying Dutchman coaster. Either way, the track is very similar, and the viewers of the POV won't notice the inverted trains. NoLimits 2 however, will be featuring all the most recent coaster prototypes, like the B&M wingrider coaster (X-Raptor) and flying coasters.

You ARE aware that I am aware of this, correct?

Everyone uses the Flyer for flying coasters, doesn't matter what the application is (B&M or Vekoma). I would use the Vekoma Flying Dutchman and then create a .3ds spine track to emulate the B&M style ;)

bob_3_

Giga Poster
^ Don't be so harsh.

I don't like using Vekoma Flying Dutchmans and not everyone can create a .3ds spine. Using an invert is perfectly fine.

I think it's looking ok, although I doubt it has much speed, keep at it. B&M are doing interesting things with that new Chinese flyer so that gives you a licence to do some crazy things now. I understand the terrain isn't finished, it's best to do that after the track is complete though. So just keep at it.

Maybe make the exit of the lift abit less tight.

unlimitedcoaster

Mega Poster
The ride is complete after getting a new computer. The entire layout was changed.

F-18-110731220640000.jpg

F-18-110731220729001.jpg

F-18-110731220742002.jpg

F-18-.bmp

This coaster is smooth has has no pumps, the g's are under the yellow and packs a very tight ride. A POV will be added later on.

The height of this ride is about 110 feet, and once its reaches the top, it dips into a banked turn followed by a banked drop accelerating the ride to 32 mph into an inclide overbanked turn, driving it's flying passengers into another overbanked turnaround, heading for a zero-g-roll into the final tight turn and quickly comes to a stop, ending the ride.

Xpress

Strata Poster
unlimitedcoaster said:
This coaster is smooth has has no pumps, the g's are under the yellow and packs a very tight ride.

Eurr.. Shouldn't that be decided by us, as the raters? FYI, the colors are the worst way to determine forces. You'd be surprised to see how many real rides would easily spike into the reds ;)

Otherwise looks pretty good. Lots of tight elements, but I'm going to assume that's just from you changing the FOV..

unlimitedcoaster

Mega Poster
Eurr.. Shouldn't that be decided by us, as the raters? FYI, the colors are the worst way to determine forces. You'd be surprised to see how many real rides would easily spike into the reds ;)

Otherwise looks pretty good. Lots of tight elements, but I'm going to assume that's just from you changing the FOV..

I am aware of that. Once the ride is put on a POV, I will include a download for you all to decide for yourselves. :--D

I prefer changing the FOV, adds more of an intresting look. Thanks for your feedback!