What's new

Exotic cars and mediocre creds... OKC/Frontier City cred run

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster
Ok so on Saturday, my girlfriend and I took a day trip down to Oklahoma City! We went to Cars and Coffee (a common thing in medium to large sized cities here in America… Once a month on a Saturday) and also Frontier City. It was my first time at Frontier City as I’ve never really cared to go but I finally decided to go because I wanted to get the creds for once.

Cars and Coffee started at 8 AM. We left Wichita around 6 AM, and arrived at Cars and Coffee around 8:20. Me being a huge car nut, I have roadtripped down to OKC several times before just for this, as it is quite a show and some beautiful cars show up.

hfcBxRj.jpg

McLaren MP4-12C and McLaren 675LT Spyder sitting beautiful.

yxwdzzk.jpg

Absolutely breathtaking Aston Martin Vanquish. All of you British people on here should approve.

UuDAAsi.jpg

Audi R8

41Wxjbe.jpg

Lamborghini Aventador. Aka what sex looks like in car form. This is my dream car, I freak out whenever I see one of these. So **** brilliant.

z7EKC3N.jpg

Ford GT

Bpexx5H.jpg

Corvette C7 Z06. I’ve actually had the opportunity to drive one of these beasts and they drive as aggressive and mean as they look. Superchargers are love.

9gAAA0r.jpg

*insert sexual moans here*

bkjrfza.jpg

Stang Gang!

JApSr59.jpg

Ferrari 458s are absolutely gorgeous.

Lwy7zFB.jpg

This one in particular was a Speciale edition.

If you you haven't noticed, taking pictures of cars at car shows of this size is very difficult because there are so many people walking around and people are always in your shots.

JNihZjl.jpg

*insert sexual moans here part 2*

Tkb7esK.jpg

Lamborghini Gallardo

5ZkciyH.jpg

A Plymouth Superbird. **** me silly, this car is heavenly in person.

Also, when people leave in their powerful cars (in particular the American muscle crowd), they have a tendency to burnout, drift, lay down rubber and speed out while leaving which made for a great show. Cops pulled over quite a few people though.

TLTi9zV.jpg

Mercedes Benz SLS AMG

We left Cars and Coffee around 10:30 and then went and ate an early lunch. After lunch, it was off to Frontier City!

OsCgzyV.jpg

We arrived at the park around noon. The parking lot is small and was pretty empty when we first arrived….

0zGeLvh.jpg

Up first was Diamondback, an Arrow launched shuttle loop that is accessed through the park’s main gift shop.

8egjtFz.jpg

And it was nothing special at all. All though I must say, we sat in the back row and the “airtime” on the first “drop” off the station was insane. Even my legs got plenty of air because in those trains your legs are not secured at all and you can move your whole lower body around freely. It was pretty insane but that was it. Besides that, the ride was rough and pointless. This is a ride it once and never again type of ride.

gVT9xvg.jpg

Up next was Steel Lasso, a Vekoma family suspended coaster.

uUE8Wbp.jpg

This line was a lot shorter than it looked. Only about a 10 minute wait.

UsPvgi7.jpg

1HnWqMc.jpg

jgwYo1M.jpg

It was exactly what you would think a coaster like this would be… Boring, slow and clearly for younger people. Whatever, it was better than Flying Ace at Kings Island.

xQFPOhW.jpg

Silver Bullet was next.

If I remember correctly this thing used to be a traveling coaster… I could tell, as the supports and structure clearly looked like they were designed with mobility in mind.

vj5JdsI.jpg

And it was meh. Nothing special, but nothing terrible. I did notice that in some instances, the train was awfully close to other sections of track, and it looked as if you would stick out your hand as far as you could you would hit track.

pj0ZNuF.jpg

After that, we did the park’s wooden coaster, Wildcat.

X5OObHF.jpg

They had these in the queue on display…. Quite neat.

DTjiO28.jpg

This park knows what’s up.

z9XLQ22.jpg

And it was pretty good! Favorite ride in the park, it was pretty smooth and it went out into the woods and was a fun ride. It had a tiny bit of air, but nothing close to remarkable. Rode it both front and back row, as it was the only coaster in the park I cared to get a re ride on.

aUn9nR8.jpg

sbPc6mw.jpg

I did their new for 2016 flat ride, Gunslinger. My girlfriend sat this one out.

U0gTFUR.jpg

Themed to guns. Oh how I love America.

u7AfXEg.jpg

And it was really fun, nothing like anything I’ve seen before! The restraints did not feel very secure which made it terrifying and exhilarating at the same time.

9luLaXr.jpg

I tried to get the kiddie cred……… I was denied.

We walked around and did what we could, notably their dark ride shooter, Quickdraw. It was pretty fun, better than Boo Blasters and Gobbler Getaway in my opinion.

We also did the raft water ride which was a good way to cool off in the Oklahoma heat.

g2UKP3b.jpg

*first time revealing myself on here*

I forgot to both save this picture from Snapchat before putting on the geo filter AND take a normal selfie just on my camera and not with Snapchat…. My bad I guess.

We called it quits around 3:30…. I had to get home for work at 7.

Frontier City was a neat little park, nothing spectacular but not terrible also. All coasters were 1 train op, but all of them only had one train total, no 2nd trains in storage for increased capacity.. The operations weren’t bad and lines were short. This isn’t a park you should travel for, but if you’re in the area and have a few hours to spare, it’s worth it to stop by and check out.

Thanks for reading!

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Re: Exotic cars and mediocre creds... OKC/Frontier City cred

Wildcat's 'wooden coaster's of the usa' info boards are everything :p

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic

If they know about all those great woodies, why don't they build one? :p

Bat Fastard

Hyper Poster

GuyWithAStick said:
If they know about all those great woodies, why don't they build one? :p
They have invested a lot of money in flat rides the past few years... Seems like saving money to invest in a new small to medium sized coaster would be a better idea. That would attract more new guests probably. I'm probably not going to ever go back here but if they get a new coaster I would.

Chris Brown

Mr CoasterForce 2016

The Plymouth Superbird looks unreal!

Funny how the European supercars seem to get a lot of attention in the US whilst in the UK its the American muscle that gets the most. Just about what you are used to I guess.

The C07 looks very smart too, one of the few Corvettes that i think would do well if sold in the UK.

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Had a little chuckle looking at the super cars then seeing FC's car park full of drab, regular American vehicles.

Sorry to hear you were denied the kiddy cred. You should have done what I did; stand next to a child and pretend you're with them, then walk casually on to the ride whilst saying something inane to the ride op.