What's new

Eurosat 2.0 - Refurbishment - Europa Park

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
From Europa Street's Facebook page.

The new look trains - interestingly they have one less row than the old ones.
21617606_1902429200022248_8734748959195396884_n.jpg

The area around Eurosat will be revamped and the ride will receive a new French themed entrance.
21764801_1902429240022244_8828825803971692031_n.jpg

21752228_1902429300022238_4945868085052505749_n.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
That should look great. I mean, the sphere still looks a bit crazy, but I think it looks pretty good with the new facade.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
That's what I loved about it. I never found it intense, but just because it was so shaky it was so funny. It's one of the coasters that really make me laugh. For me the coaster has always been pure fun, I was afraid that the smoothness of new tracks would take a bit away from that, but the few more bumps should make up for that.
The sphere is characteristic for the park, you can see it on so many posters, even on road signs near the highway exit to Europa-Park, that's why they probably won't get rid of it for many more decades. I also heard the sphere will be replaced by a new one, in the same style of course. I heard the old sphere is leaking when it's raining, and it is also getting hot in summer (I can confirm the last part), therefore it would only make sense to get a new one which hopefully doesn't have these issues.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
And here's one more artwork that hasn't been posted yet:
DKLK2S3X0AEu1bv.jpg:large

I heard people saying the space theme would be scrapped. Here you can see the entrance with a moon, stars, a telescope and astronomic sketches on it.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
Could this be another IMAscore jobbie, I wonder?
That would be nice, but I will miss the fancy trance soundtrack. Would be nice if they made a new soundtrack which will probably feature orchestral elements, but it would be awesome if it also had elements of the old soundtrack "in a second orbit". I love hybrid-orchestral music that features classic and electronic elements. I also liked the Space Mountain Mission 2 soundtrack, the wind instruments delivering the melody, with the spacy synth sounds popping in then and now, and the fast, rather modern beat. It's spacy, intense and epic in my opinion, but it also has parts I don't like that much (like the strings). Let's see what EP comes up with.

Last edited:

Jarrett

Most Obnoxious Member 2016
Kind of has a Jules Verne vibe to it, I love it! Those new trains are kind of cool too, they remind me of Gerst's family coaster trains.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
Kind of has a Jules Verne vibe to it, I love it! Those new trains are kind of cool too, they remind me of Gerst's family coaster trains.
Exactly, and that's connectiong Eurosat more to the french area. But I don't think there will be a word about Jule Verne, most likely there will be a fictive French explorer who is part of the "Adventure Club of Europe" who invented a machine that can travel to space. If you didn't hear about the ACE yet, that's EP's attempt to connect the background stories of different rides in the park. It started with the Voletarium, which tells the story the brothers Eulenstein who built an airplane.

Lofty

CF Legend
Exactly, and that's connectiong Eurosat more to the french area. But I don't think there will be a word about Jule Verne, most likely there will be a fictive French explorer who is part of the "Adventure Club of Europe" who invented a machine that can travel to space. If you didn't hear about the ACE yet, that's EP's attempt to connect the background stories of different rides in the park. It started with the Voletarium, which tells the story the brothers Eulenstein who built an airplane.
Yeah, it's a direct copy of Disney's 'The Society of Explorers and Adventurers'. An underlying narrative to connect attractions around the world (in Disney's case) to develop a 'brand' within the company.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
Yeah, it's a direct copy of Disney's 'The Society of Explorers and Adventurers'. An underlying narrative to connect attractions around the world (in Disney's case) to develop a 'brand' within the company.
That's on the other side what I dislike about the new style about Eurosat as well. It reminds me too much of "Space Mountain / de la terre a la lune" to be original. I would have wished for a bit more originality in terms of the style and the storyline/ACE.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
You're acting like this is a bad thing! ;)
Space Mountain = Cool
Copying Disneyland = Not so cool
Even if it's similar to Space Mountain, it will still be awesome, but it would be even better if was more original as well. But since it's not finished yet, I don't want to complain. Let's see if they can surprise me.

Sandman

Giga Poster
I don't really think this looks overtly Jules Verne, there are so many similar avante-garde stories/themes/authors that this could be inspired by. Of course, Jules Verne is quite a notable name under that umbrella of work, but I don't think Europa have designed this by literally ripping everything completely from Disney. Although I think this is almost a homage to their success.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
I don't really think this looks overtly Jules Verne, there are so many similar avante-garde stories/themes/authors that this could be inspired by. Of course, Jules Verne is quite a notable name under that umbrella of work, but I don't think Europa have designed this by literally ripping everything completely from Disney. Although I think this is almost a homage to their success.
It's just that old-school science fiction which I find repeated here. The difference I see so far is that Space Mountain (Paris) is much more steampunk, with a lot of metal, while at least the entrance of Eurosat will look more classic. So maybe that's where the styles will be different.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
Small update: Eurosat has been shut down on Sunday, and (de)construction has begun on Monday.
(Does that mean we can move this thread to construction?)

Lofty

CF Legend
It's not going to have a space theme per se. The new theme is so ****ing cool, although enthusiasts are just gonna hate it - the biggest clue as to the new theme is the entrance structure.

Ireeb

Mega Poster
It's not going to have a space theme per se. The new theme is so :emoji_zipper_mouth:ing cool, although enthusiasts are just gonna hate it - the biggest clue as to the new theme is the entrance structure.
What exactly do you mean with "not a space theme per se"? I can see it's not Science Fiction any more, but from what I saw I am expecting a space journey that starts in old France.