Change background image

Europa Park | Rulantica | Waterpark

Discussion in 'Park Construction' started by toofpikk, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Crazycoaster

Crazycoaster Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Europa Park
    Coaster Count:
    That might be the point, they don't want to fully take from one, just be 'influenced', maybe? They want it to sound vaguely Scandinavian, while still being their own creation.

Yoris Kerkhoff, Lofty and Robert.W like this.
  2. Pokemaniac

Pokemaniac Mountain monkey Staff Member Administrator Moderator Social Media Team

That might be it. And considering how Disney goes about at EPCOT, this certainly could have been a lot worse.

3. Robert.W

Robert.W New Member

Best Coaster:
    Nemesis
    Best Park:
    Alton Towers
    Ah, I see what you meant now @Pokemaniac – thanks for clarifying! :) It certainly is interesting how they seems to switch between languages, and it might have been simpler if they’d have just gone all one language or all the other, as it is a little bit confusing.
    Aha, I can’t really take any credit here as all I did was run it through a translator and check it over briefly to make sure it was generally readable – wasn’t completely sure of the accuracy myself, am glad that it all seems okay though :)

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
    Yoris Kerkhoff likes this.
  4. Lofty

Lofty Social Media Team Staff Member Social Media Team

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    I don't think people are going to be all like "I'd like this area of the waterpark more if it wasn't called Temple as the factual history of the term is incorrect"...

Yoris Kerkhoff, Pear and Ben like this.
  5. Offical_Pitchnoir

Offical_Pitchnoir New Member

Best Coaster:
    Nemisis
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
  6. CSLKennyNI

CSLKennyNI Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Installation of a replica Viking ship in the Hotel.

[​IMG]

Progress with the water park.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    First slide parts to be installed.
    [​IMG]
    @MichaelMack
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  7. Robert.W

Robert.W New Member

Best Coaster:
    Nemesis
    Best Park:
    Alton Towers
    Some very good pics here from epfans.info from the Rulantica tour organised by EuropaStreet :D

8. CSLKennyNI

CSLKennyNI Member

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    A new concept map has been released showing (presumably) the final names of the areas in Rulantica. The names were already used before in the blog post discussed on the previous page but they've now been officially added to this graphic.
    Also a new ruins(?) in the water has been added at the bottom - not sure whether that is representing something else in the park or just for artistic purposes.
    [​IMG]
    The original map for comparison: For example Mystery River is now called Snorri's Saga, etc.
    [​IMG]

Michael Mack also posted a look at two of the slides on Twitter.
    [​IMG]
    Some overview shots of the construction site from Thomas Mack's Twitter.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    At the bottom of this image you can another small construction that has started which will be new staff apartments.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some more recent pictures from CoasterFriends.de user Steffen. Source
    [​IMG]
    Universal Rocks at work on the brick facades of the hotel.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

EuropaStreet posted some more details about the new water park following their tour of the construction site (see Robert. W's last post).
    - Rulantica will feature one main restaurant (pizza/pasta), a burger joint, a pool bar and one other F&B outlet.
    - RFID wristbands will be utilised for payments so guests do not need to go back to their lockers to get money every time they wish to purchase something.
    - It will be essential to pre-book Rulantica tickets online if you wish to visit due to the limited capacity of 3,000 - 4,000 people.
    - The standard closing time for Rulantica will be 18:00 but it is likely to stay open later on busy days and special event days.
    - Everything is on schedule so they are confident that the park will be finished in time for a November 2019 opening.

This article confirms that an adult Rulantica ticket will cost just under 40 euros.

Yoris Kerkhoff, Pear, Matt N and 3 others like this.
  9. Hixee

Hixee Flojector Staff Member Administrator Moderator

Best Coaster:
    Steel Vengeance
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    About to show how basic I am - I've never seen a slide like that before! Prime for some competitive sliding - that's really cool, I love it.

Lofty likes this.
  10. Ethan

Ethan Member

Best Coaster:
    Colossos (HP)
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    ^ I think there's quite a few of them about, never ridden one myself though. As somebody who always rides slides flat on their back, I'm not sure I'd even be able to see anybody else on the other side of the slide! Rulantica is looking fantastic though, Europa Park is really becoming a resort that requires a decent amount of time to cover.

11. Lofty

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    There's quite a few of them in mainland Europe, but they're at obscure indoor waterparks in the middle of the Ukraine and stuff. I only know from AmusementForce's YT page.

Really excited for this project, I can't wait to see the finished product.

12. Ethan

Ethan Member

Best Coaster:
    Colossos (HP)
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Ah so the video of the slide was "Dangerous Double Tube Slide" or something equally as clickbaity?

Lofty likes this.
  13. Lofty

Best Coaster:
    Taron
    Best Park:
    Phantasialand
    Coaster Count:
    Yeah, his channel makes me laugh. He uploads two of nearly everything, one of them being "name of slide POV @ X park", the second being "OmG dAnGeRoUs SlIde - NeArLy DiEd'

GuyWithAStick and Ethan like this.