What's new

Eurofighter - UC - Update 1st March

Deano

Mega Poster
This is inspired by Saw: The Ride. I'm trying to make good 3D'S with Wings 3D for the first time on this coaster.

The coaster starts off by going into a dark tunnel, then falling into a hall of spears follwed by many torturous saws and the like. Here is a picture of the first peice of 3D work and the next. I am hoping for this to be much better than my other rather not very good eurofighter so any help on making it more realistic will be very helpful!

Pictures:
Saw1.png

Saw2.png

All comments welcome.

Ollie

CF Legend
Lol at the textures that are done on paint. :lol:
The second screen looks better than the first one. Not much else to comment on really.

Slash

Giga Poster
I think it looks rather good, the blood is a bit... well... fake but if paint is the only resource you have then its fair enough, hopefully the overall experience will be great anyway.

What do you use Ollie because you got an amazing blood texture.

Deano

Mega Poster
Lol, i have Gimp but i don't know how to change the painting colour yet. Yes i am a n00b.

I'll try to figre it out and make those textures more realistic.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
^Here's a great way to make blood textures:

1. Get Photoshop, not Gimp or Fireworks.

You could even download blood splatter brushes if you're too lazy to make them yourself.

As for the ride, well, it's looking OK. I has the potential to feel tacky, but while you're still getting used to 3Ds then I guess I'll let you off.

Deano

Mega Poster
^^ Unless you give me a nice free and legal version there ain't no chance of that.

^ Yes it is very lol. :)

Ollie

CF Legend
^I use fireworks to edit my textures. That works fine as it does everything I need.

And change the car textures as well while you're at it. :p

A

Anonymous

Paint.NET works wonders if you want a free "simpler" editing software, it's a lot better then paint ever will be, but almost as easy to use.

Xpress

Strata Poster
Hmm, 3Ds look okay, but it might be too tacky for me :p

Probably a good idea to start small, then go elaborate ;)

Deano

Mega Poster
Ollie: I have asked SFMMMan to make me a car texture and he has said yes so the Speed: No Limits won't be on there anymore. I'll post a picture of that later. Thanks Tanner! :)

Loefet: Thanks for telling me about that programme it seems to be great. Once school work has died down i will start to try to recreate some of the textures.

Xpress: Sorry if they're tacky and i'll try to not go HUGE with tacky 3D'S.

Uncle Arly: Thanks and here is a picture of everything so far. The only thing majoy at the min is the Lift hill which is 120ft high. It will probably be follwed by a Immelmann or a Loop.

Picture:
Saw-090226182307000.jpg

Ollie

CF Legend
Looks good. Get rid of the walkways on the sides of the lifthill though as I don't think anyone can walk vertically.:p
Also there doesn't seem to be something quite right about the 3d's. I think it's because it looks slightly 'fake' and like it's just sitting there and doesn't fit in. (It's hard to explain sorry).
Also try to pad them out a bit as they are looking quite blocky at the moment.

Looks alright so far though. :)

Slash

Giga Poster
^ Shhhh, Your just annoyed you've got a competitor.

And you don't know how he's going to theme the rest.

AND its hardly fake.

Although is a bit blocky, not too much but a bit.

Ollie

CF Legend
I'm not annoyed at all. I said it looked good and pointed out a few points he could improve on which were all valid.
How is he going to improve if people don't try to help him improve? :)

Deano

Mega Poster
^^^ Thanks for the pointers, i'll get 3D'ing again later.

^ Very True. :)

The car texture is still being made so the car still has that Speed: No Limits on the side. However, between many homeworks, i got to building an Immelmann and removing the stairs from the lift hill. :p

Immelmann picture:
Saw-090301190302000.jpg

(From the angle in the picture the drop looks a bit weird; it's the angle)

A

Anonymous

Looks good Deano, why havent you put this coaster on NLBench?