What's new

Epcot | Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind | Vekoma Omnicoaster | 2022

Ethan

Strata Poster
^^ This. Plus unless this coaster is a 2 minute journey through an empty, black void, they'll spend half the time (if not more) fitting the theming.

Ethan

Strata Poster
Nice update, not sure that the layout of the track pieces is really the Avengers symbol. Looks to me like they placed the parts in organised groups following the shape of the lot available whist leaving enough space in between... As anybody would? Maybe I'm just not seeing it.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Nice update, not sure that the layout of the track pieces is really the Avengers symbol. Looks to me like they placed the parts in organised groups following the shape of the lot available whist leaving enough space in between... As anybody would? Maybe I'm just not seeing it.

Look at that piece almost to the upper right, which is laid at a 90 degree angle from all the other pieces. No reason to do that unless to cap off the A, as it really is obstructing access to the topmost pieces when it lies like that. Likewise with the row to the left, why have a little break there and there in particular, if not to complete the strikethrough?

Ethan

Strata Poster
You may be right but I'm still not convinced, personally. If it actually is supposed to be the Avengers symbol I'm not sure they did a good job?
1621px-Marvel%27s_The_Avengers_logo.svg.png

I dunno, again I might be missing it but it's a long shot for me atm.

Matt N

CF Legend
Have some Guardians of the Galaxy construction photos from my trip to Epcot today. These were taken by my dad from the entrance and by Mission Space:
27-EF51-A0-9-D84-41-CD-BE1-B-B01-AE16-ED7-C4.jpg

8960-BE96-F73-F-4-F00-B6-CA-8950514402-DC.jpg

F83-E9511-0-A73-459-E-BFB0-F229-D9183-FB9.jpg

Looks to be coming along well! Might I also add that the building is massive; looks much bigger in person than I expected! I'd say that it looks at least 100ft tall!

MrRC

Mega Poster
Thats very easy, Just rotate the coaches 180 degr and then the launch is still forward but with the coaches turned it feels like backwards.
Clever design by Vekoma. As u can see in my previous YT video.