What's new

Epcot | Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind | Vekoma Omnicoaster | 2022

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Supports and track are now being stored on site at Disney World for the Guardians coaster.
Screenshot_20181101-012656_YouTube.jpg

Screenshot_20181101-012804_YouTube.jpg

Source
Work the ride building continues with the side panels being added.
The former Ellen building has been stripped for reuse as the station building.

How the building might look when done based of the colours of the already installed panels.

It's quite unusual to see that they are have erected the building before the coaster. It'll be a tight squeeze to get all that track up inside.
Really intrigued to see how this turns out especially with how Disney will utilise the new prototype coaster model.

Last edited by a moderator:

peep

CF Legend
^Thought we already had one but I think it's just because the Vekoma testing thread basically was one. Moved and created a new post under rollercoaster construction.

PetskuC

Mega Poster
Since this is a rumored spinning coaster, I'm waiting to see how this stacks up to Maurer, Mack and Gerstlauer spinning coasters (hope I didn't forget any big names)

Pear

Strata Poster
It amazes me that the outside of the building is not being themed. The colored panels are on all sides including the sides visible within the park.

I'm interested to see what the ride ends up being like, but the building is already a massive eyesore.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
So it's essentially an evolution of Euro Mir with multimedia? :) At least the turning on command cars appear to be similar in idea to the way Euro Mir does the same trick.

MrRC

Mega Poster
So it's essentially an evolution of Euro Mir with multimedia? :) At least the turning on command cars appear to be similar in idea to the way Euro Mir does the same trick.

NO, Euromir, has free spinning, the Vekoma version, has an electric motor and has a pre programmed spin memory attached to the train. For the powersupply, they use in the station wireless powertransfer to the train to recharge the onboard battery.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
NO, Euromir, has free spinning, the Vekoma version, has an electric motor and has a pre programmed spin memory attached to the train. For the powersupply, they use in the station wireless powertransfer to the train to recharge the onboard battery.
NO, Euro Mir is not free spinning. It uses motors to spin the car at set points in the ride.
Just like this. although the method for doing it is different the end result is pretty much identical

MrRC

Mega Poster
NO, Euro Mir is not free spinning. It uses motors to spin the car at set points in the ride.
Just like this. although the method for doing it is different the end result is pretty much identical
I mean Euromir its mechanical blocked and freed like a spinning coaster on the fairground, can u show me any drawing that shows an electric motor on an Euromir coach ?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
^Have you ridden EuroMir? If you have, you would know that it only spins in one direction, it locks into place either forwards or backwards and you can feel that it is driven by a motor. Not to mention it only spins when the train travels past those power lines on certain sections of the ride.

Lofty

CF Legend
Euromir is 100% not free-spinning. If you think it is... you're wrong.

Also, arguably, Escape from Gringotts is also what they're describing.

Ethan

Strata Poster
God I didn't realise just how big the show building was. This has potential to actually be a decent coaster but whether it'll be any more interesting than Tron Lightcycles is another question I suppose.