What's new

Energylandia | Hyperion | Intamin Hyper coaster

pawel98123

Mega Poster
Owner of the park have a few music clubs in Poland and I dont think that's all of his Sources of income ... Plus Most of the coasters were co-financed by EU and RMC, Vekoma Water Coaster, mine coaster (and propably Tilt ) will be co-financed by EU (around 20 mln PLN on each Coaster)

Snoo

The Legend
Owner of the park have a few music clubs in Poland and I dont think that's all of his Sources of income ... Plus Most of the coasters were co-financed by EU and RMC, Vekoma Water Coaster, mine coaster (and propably Tilt ) will be co-financed by EU (around 20 mln PLN on each Coaster)

Thats the thing, with this massive build up, you can't maintain this sort of expansion without turning a profit. Financing for expansion is nice but once they stabilize, they will need ensured volume to make that happen. Is that economically possible in that area?

Oh... I was more thinking European Cedar Point, myself, but hey ho, everyone's entitled to their win take on it! I personally have faith in Energylandia to pull this off successfully. They seem to know what they're doing, and they seem to be doing quite well so far!

There is an enormous difference between the two parks in every way, shape, and form. Cedar Point has over a century of existence with a reputation known world-wide. It's also part of a larger, profitable chain in the largest economy on the planet.

Energylandia has none of that.

I have extreme doubts as I said this can continue at it's current pace as the simple economy of the park will cause the net loss to be too great to continue the park.

Matt N

CF Legend
Thats the thing, with this massive build up, you can't maintain this sort of expansion without turning a profit. Financing for expansion is nice but once they stabilize, they will need ensured volume to make that happen. Is that economically possible in that area?

There is an enormous difference between the two parks in every way, shape, and form. Cedar Point has over a century of existence with a reputation known world-wide. It's also part of a larger, profitable chain in the largest economy on the planet.

Energylandia has none of that.

I have extreme doubts as I said this can continue at it's current pace as the simple economy of the park will cause the net loss to be too great to continue the park.
Ah, so you're worried it'll turn out like Freestyle Music Park or another theme park flop. Thanks @Snoo!

I'm not quite so worried, personally, as Energylandia seems to be growing at a steady rate (visitor numbers wise). But it's just personal opinion.

Snoo

The Legend
Ah, so you're worried it'll turn out like Freestyle Music Park or another theme park flop. Thanks @Snoo!

I'm not quite so worried, personally, as Energylandia seems to be growing at a steady rate (visitor numbers wise). But it's just personal opinion.

So did Geauga Lake.. steady numbers.. then Six Flags expanded WAY too fast with too many rides. It was nice for a few years then the crowds stopped coming. As that is the prime example of going too crazy too fast (Hard Rock Park had a litany of issues, being built in the wrong location being the biggest.. but Energylandia could have those issues), it's a good reference point for a park like this.

That is why you've seen me air on the side of caution when looking towards the future because if it hits the fan, we all know what could happen.

Matt N

CF Legend
So did Geauga Lake.. steady numbers.. then Six Flags expanded WAY too fast with too many rides. It was nice for a few years then the crowds stopped coming. As that is the prime example of going too crazy too fast (Hard Rock Park had a litany of issues, being built in the wrong location being the biggest.. but Energylandia could have those issues), it's a good reference point for a park like this.

That is why you've seen me air on the side of caution when looking towards the future because if it hits the fan, we all know what could happen.
Ah, so that's why you're cautious. Thanks for the clarification @Snoo!

TilenB

Strata Poster
@Snoo, while you might be right, I think that Energylandia has a way higher potential than Geauga Lake ever did. Polish economy is steadily getting stronger and if they manage to turn this into a proper destination park (which they might do with all the hotel plans), they have a huge Polish market (38 million people) behind them (and that's not counting any of the neighbouring countries, like Czech Republic or Slovakia).

I don't know that much about economy, all I'm trying to say that they have higher attendance figures and better market potential than any of the bigger theme park flops of recent years.

mesjarch

Roller Poster
Energylandia is growing fast mostly because they want to make sure that they are the Theme Park in Poland and the main destination for tourists.
We know that Global City Holdings ( people behind CineWorld Group PLC ) are already building huge Water Park with co-operation with Unternehmensgruppe WUND near Warsaw and they already have 3 times the ammount of land that EL has. Not to mention that Suntago is just first part of a bigger project that is called Park of Poland. And since they chose WUND to help build and operate their water park, then we expect that they will work with someone big on their Theme Park.

mesjarch

Roller Poster
Yeah this coaster is a lot of fun. I don't have experience with this kind of RC but man that first drop is some crazy ****.

FOMO Coaster

Mega Poster
:emoji_heart_eyes:
evlaope.jpg

mesjarch

Roller Poster
You can see the sign when you drive. The real thing that will make all people go "holy ****!! what's that?!" is Hyperion. When I was waiting in line to ride it, there were many people stoping by the road and checking it out. BTW the parking lots seem full and they added 2 big parking lots this season. I think that since Hyperion opened it's a common sight there.

^Very stunning. Also, you can see why rcdb calls that element a dive loop
This element is great. It's going really fast and my mind was " I know it should make it, but aren't we going too fast?" :emoji_laughing:

Last edited:

Robert.W

Roller Poster
Looopings are reporting:
According to several eyewitnesses, a serious accident occurred at the Mega Coaster Hyperion in the Polish amusement park #Energylandia. Details are still missing.

There isn't any more details at the moment that I can find. Fingers crossed that nobody's been injured too seriously. :(

davidm

Strata Poster

CSLKennyNI

Giga Poster
Just saw on Discord a video, from someone who visited Energylandia last month, of a staff member picking up lost articles while Hyperion was running. Walking about 2m from the track. So it is possible that it happened again but this time ended tragically. Real shame.

Last edited: