What's new

Energylandia | Hyperion | Intamin Hyper coaster

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
@Pokemaniac i know you have kindly explained the construction process to me and have very nicely explained how buildings are built and designed and the process’ that go into them. However, this is literally my job. For perspective I do the exact same job as @Hixee an engineering consultant that deals with all elements of engineering, be that structural civil or just architecture. When submitting Tenders you are theoretically working to construction stage 3, the tender you submit still has to work, you just haven’t produced the calcs to prove it yet.

Yes, I'm not saying that the tender hasn't gone through a lot of planning by that stage, but there's a lot more work to be done and it will cost. When submitting their designs to the park, each company will also deliver their cost estimates for the detail design work, as well as a lot of estimates for the construction, operation and maintenance of the coaster (to be worked out in detail later). It's extremely unlikely that the tenders of the two competitors end up so similar that the park can't pick a preferred candidate to proceed with. The tenders wouldn't possibly be identical enough that the park management would leave it to Facebook to decide which one to go for. I mean, the criteria by which the participants would be judged should be determined before the contest even began. And I doubt the clause regarding a possible tie would involve a public poll on Facebook to determine the outcome.

It would also be unprofessional to do it like that. Would you tell one of the companies "Yes, we found your design cheaper to build, easier to maintain, your portfolio of references is impressive, and you offer a better service plan for replacement parts, but Facebook decided that we should pick the other instead"? Unless the manufacturers were clear that the winner would be determined by Facebook poll from the outset, that would be grounds for a lawsuit (you'll know from the building industry how common it is for bidders to sue if they believe that contracts are awarded on faulty premises). And if that were the pre-determined criteria, the whole venture would be too risky for anybody to want to participate in it anyway. Why bother to create a professional bid if the park says they'll leave the decision to the public in general? The potential manufacturers might as well deliver a very vague or ludicrously high cost estimate in that case, and put all their money in video production instead. Or pay a click farm in Bangladesh to give their design thousands of votes, since a contract worth millions would be at stake and the only metric that mattered would be relatively easy to manipulate anonymously.

Pear

Strata Poster
That drop looks like one of the best in Europe, quite easily.

I really do like the angle change about 1/4 of the way into the drop. Hopefully it'll give some nice ejector there as well, though I doubt it'll be as strong as Skyrush's kink.

I'm more looking forward to those stengel dives and the twist and dive in the back left.

mesjarch

Roller Poster
Energylandia will celebrate their " 4th Birthday" with a BANG! Official opening ceremony will begin at 6PM and it will start it's normal work at 8PM.