What's new

Energylandia | Hyperion | Intamin Hyper coaster

Pear

Strata Poster
I highly doubt it's a Golden Horse knockoff seeing as copyright laws are an actual thing in Europe.

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
I mean its a Vekoma heavy park so its almost certainly a Vekoma
However there's no reason Golden Horse couldn't build a Tilt coaster in Europe. Why would they suffer from Copyright laws?
This is one of those things where I'd argue you cant call them a knock off. They use their own track system their own layouts and the actual tilt thing i'd assume isn't copyrighted as Giovanola also had tilt coasters for sale back in the day.
If B&M built a tilt coaster would people call it a knock off? I doubt it But just because its Chinese it is. Its really no different beyond the fact B&M would do a better job.
I guess it is just the stigma that people seem to put on every single Chinese built ride these days.

/Rant Over :p

JKM

Mega Poster
A "Launched Water Coaster", well, you just described two of the rides there (Speed and Formula.)

Yup, I am afraid that it will be regular lanched coaster with lake near/ under it..;

ooooh. I assume from Vekoma? I had read the other day on a Dutch forum that they were working on a new generation model of the tilt coaster.

Yes, so we have 4 coasters to be opened in 2020 :) For 3 of them EL will get some EU subventions, but still it's pretty impressive.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Very interesting Dave. The annexes would have a lot more info, this really just details the Tender rules and process.
The 2 interesting points are the delivery and commissioning handover date of the 6th April 2020 and the specific details on the non vibrating wheel assembly. It seems a large part of the tender is based on this piece and the park wants full IP rights associated with it.

Reading these is actually my job lol, not always coaster documents, though my job would be a little more fun if it was.

Last edited:

roomraider

Best Topic Starter
Can they not make their mind up about the layout or what?
It's not unusual for rides to change many many times during the pre-fabrication (and sometimes after, looking at you Maverick)

Helix for example had many many many different versions
Here is a screen of the first layout for Helix.
Helix1.png
You can imagine how many versions it took to get to what it is now. And even after the announcement they changed it several times.

this looks fantastic, love the layout. Do we reckon the twist and dive counts as an inversion? Not that it really matters, but it could take a record for tallest ride with an inversion if it did.

Olaf

Mega Poster
It is really annoying that the video of the new layout doesn't work for me... Everyone knows about it except me

Verstuurd vanaf mijn WAS-LX1A met Tapatalk

Lofty

CF Legend
I quite like the new layout - gets rid of some of the faff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I'm glad they managed to keep in a water feature, though the new one doesn't feel as natural as the old one did (only bad thing about this new version though!).

The Facebook page with the video called it an Intamin Wing coaster, but I seem to remember there being confusion as to whether the videos were showing a new train or the winged seats train. Has this been confirmed then, or still rumoured?