What's new

Energylandia | Abyssus | Vekoma Shockwave+ | 2021

eKs_Prod

Roller Poster
In the 2020 season, Energylandia will open a extended and high-capacity Vekoma Shockwave model:

1.320m long
100km/h fast
38,5 - 45m high (Non-Inverted) / high between lowest point to top-hat: 45m, high above ground: 38,5m
2 real tunnel, 2 station under-crossings
4 inversions: loop, batwing, corkscrew (5th inversion was cut for the new planed end brake and maintenance area)
2 launches (first starting right after the station in a short pre-ride-part)
double-loading or load/unload-station
4 cars per train, 16 people

More to come, merry Countmas!

(Source: German Kirmes & Park Revue mag 1/19)

pawel98123

Mega Poster
^^ Sorry didn't notice ;)
Information about the roller coaster (and few others) was in the tenders available on the Energylandia website some time ago, but the article contains some new information, as long as they are completely true, it promises to be like as good as we thought.

JoshC.

Strata Poster
Damn, Energylandia are crazy.

My main concern with this is how obsolete it will make Formula. This is going to be a faster launch coaster, with more launches, more inversions, longer, taller, etc. On paper, it is better in every way. If it was a different manufacturer, or Formula was significantly faster, or had something better about it, then I wouldn't have any worries. But I can't really see how this is anything other than an upgrade on Formula?

Unless, of course, the park have plans to scrap Formula for something else...

mesjarch

Roller Poster
Formula will just become a smaller attraction for people who want some thrills but will find this new RC to extreme for their taste. It's also a new construction so they could sell it for good money to other park if they'll decide that they don't need it.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Damn, Energylandia are crazy.

My main concern with this is how obsolete it will make Formula. This is going to be a faster launch coaster, with more launches, more inversions, longer, taller, etc. On paper, it is better in every way. If it was a different manufacturer, or Formula was significantly faster, or had something better about it, then I wouldn't have any worries. But I can't really see how this is anything other than an upgrade on Formula?

Unless, of course, the park have plans to scrap Formula for something else...
I suppose if I was being flippant: the addition of Maverick didn't flatten the popularity if Dragster; Leviathan didn't kill Behemoth; and NTG didn't steal the lines from Titan. Just three off the top of my head. I don't think it'll do too much harm to the park.

I mean, they have so many creds as it is, nothing has any lines!

JoshC.

Strata Poster
I suppose if I was being flippant: the addition of Maverick didn't flatten the popularity if Dragster; Leviathan didn't kill Behemoth; and NTG didn't steal the lines from Titan. Just three off the top of my head. I don't think it'll do too much harm to the park.

I mean, they have so many creds as it is, nothing has any lines!

Oh definitely. I guess it's just a natural concern that springs to my mind when a park decides to add two rides which are similar. I had a similar reaction and concern to Leviathan's introduction (though that felt a bit more...unnecessary than this).

And in a park where the expansion is so rapid, just a musing as to whether Formula could be left behind.

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Track is on-site :D

ng8Fncl.jpg

5T22lVz.jpg

Source: Good old SkyScraperCity
https://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=158011534

JoshC.

Strata Poster
The change feels almost unnecessary since it's going to add so little extra to the ride experience imo. Still good to see all the same.

Has there been any update on whether this will still be over water to some degree as some early concepts suggested?

Ethan

Strata Poster
I agree, the new first launch and bit after it looks a bit pointless tbh. Definitely inspired by the new Intamin Launchers I'd say.