What's new

Energylandia | Abyssus | Vekoma Shockwave+ | 2021

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
If anyone is actually interested in a roller coaster and its construction, Energylandia are premiering a behind the scenes construction update video of Aqualantis on their official YouTube channel in half an hour.
Obviously in Polish but will no doubt be an interesting watch.

Thank you... That is looking great... Still looks a 2020 project to me though, going on form...

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Looopings reporting that the park press office have told them the area and rides will open 2021.
Thanks for sharing... Trustworthy source... I am still skeptical, LOTS of trustworthy sources swore blind Zadra was a 2020...

@FOMO Coaster can you confirm this? Have you heard anything solid?

i305_zack

Mega Poster
Could someone get this straight for me, they have two family Vekoma boomerangs, are they a clone of each other or what?? Not to be negative but this parks lineup is just a little bit overrated and they don’t think about additions before adding them

madosi

Roller Poster
Could someone get this straight for me, they have two family Vekoma boomerangs, are they a clone of each other or what?? Not to be negative but this parks lineup is just a little bit overrated and they don’t think about additions before adding them
Nah, these are different models of the vekoma boomerang.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
They are different layouts... And you’re right about the smaller additions, plonk ‘em in seems to be the strategy... But the bigger ones are planned out years in advance...

The park’s lineup is decent enough for such a young park...

2 (soon to be 3) Top tier coasters
3 Middle tier

and lots and lots of fillers!!! Some of the family coasters are actually good fun too!!!

BTW have they got rid of some of their kiddy creds? Or just improved the theming around them so much that I didn’t see them / they didn’t stand out so bad?

Antinos

Slut for Spinners
Garbage creds or not, I'm still licking my chops at a +18 and likely more if/when I make my way across the pond and visit.

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
A well thought out duelling boomerang such as Tweestryd would be better for sure.

But regardless, the incremental approach at least improves capacity unlike we are dealing with here in the UK such as at Thorpe Park. What a disaster, complete standstill what is going on over there. I know several people who literally are saying they won't go back due to the heavy queues and lack of lineup changes. I think it's bad for long term business as well as short term. If the money isn't there, the money isn't there I guess but same annual visitors as Phantasialand and literally no new investment for years. Pretty terrible in comparison.

We can criticise Energylandia for some of the faults but at least the big projects are some of the most exciting ones going on in Europe now. It is quite remarkable for such a young park. Even a coaster such as Speed hardly seems to get a mention at times. In the UK a park would market the crap out of something like that for years to come (and probably not build anything else whilst doing it :rolleyes:)

Last edited:

WC90

Roller Poster
A well thought out duelling boomerang such as Tweestryd would be better for sure.

But regardless, the incremental approach at least improves capacity unlike we are dealing with here in the UK such as at Thorpe Park. What a disaster, complete standstill what is going on over there. I know several people who literally are saying they won't go back due to the heavy queues and lack of lineup changes. I think it's bad for long term business as well as short term. If the money isn't there, the money isn't there I guess but same annual visitors as Phantasialand and literally no new investment for years. Pretty terrible in comparison.
This thing reminds me very much of Gardaland. The only constant: merlin entertainments.

Trax

Hyper Poster
Heide Park in Germany as well. Since Merlin took over, they removed an average of 1 attraction per year; and yes, I included the new additions in that statistic.

Looking at this, I am actually happy that Energylandia keeps on expanding.

But we should keep in mind that they want to get rid of some older attractions as well. Most prominently, their Spinning Mouse with OTSR. They want to become more of a theme park, and many rides in the old area do not fit into that concept, or a simply considered obsolete now.

Peet

Giga Poster
Keep it to the "WTF Merlin" topic folks.

The EL Website still suggests it will be 2020, it looks almost complete from the video so I will be a little surprised if it's not open this year. I'll also be extremely disappointed as it will be another one off my ever-shrinking list of creds I'm hoping to get this year!
20200716_085351.jpg

Trax

Hyper Poster
Thats the state of the website since beginning of the season. The announcement video has not been renamed, and all they claim is "opening soon". As mentioned, I would not wonder if EL simply opens up the area somewhere in August or September. They do not appear like a park who keeps a finished area closed off - especially as they won't be limiited in their capacity in late summer IF the Covid situation stays like it is now.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
Thats the state of the website since beginning of the season. The announcement video has not been renamed, and all they claim is "opening soon". As mentioned, I would not wonder if EL simply opens up the area somewhere in August or September. They do not appear like a park who keeps a finished area closed off - especially as they won't be limiited in their capacity in late summer IF the Covid situation stays like it is now.
The website has had a fair amount of work done to it in recent months, yet they’ve mostly left the Aqualantis parts alone...

Professor

Previously AndrewRollercoaster
The website has had a fair amount of work done to it in recent months, yet they’ve mostly left the Aqualantis parts alone...
One thing bad about the website I noticed is if you Google "Energylandia opening times", the number one result: https://energylandia.pl/en/about-us/opening-times/ is actually last year's opening times.
They should redirect that page to: https://energylandia.pl/en/plan-your-stay/calendar/

Badly done at the moment and had me confused.
But the new calendar does work much better.

I don't think Aqualantis will open this year after the announcements we've heard over the last few days.

Nicky Borrill

Strata Poster
One thing bad about the website I noticed is if you Google "Energylandia opening times", the number one result: https://energylandia.pl/en/about-us/opening-times/ is actually last year's opening times.
They should redirect that page to: https://energylandia.pl/en/plan-your-stay/calendar/

Badly done at the moment and had me confused.
Never noticed that, I have the site bookmarked and just go from there...

They have one of the best English site translation teams of all parks :)