What's new

Energylandia 2018 - Hyper Coaster - Intamin or Vekoma?

Energylandia 2018 - Hyper Coaster - Intamin or Vekoma?

• Vekoma

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • Intamin

Votes: 8 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Energylandia are getting a Hyper coaster in 2018. Vekoma and Intamin have submitted their layouts, and its down to you to pick which one they build. Which one do you prefer? Depending on which one you pick, please post your reason/s why. If you can, that would be great!

[facebookpost]https://www.facebook.com/EnergyLandia/videos/870147566420670/[/facebookpost]
[facebookpost]https://www.facebook.com/EnergyLandia/videos/870144399754320/[/facebookpost]

Edward M

Strata Poster
I can't believe I'm typing this, but they should take the Vekoma hyper over the Intamin hyper. It looks much better.

TilenB

Strata Poster
Yeah, layout is better, but I fear the execution might not be. If the end product of all this is a Vekoma with horrid vest restrains, I'd be very disappointed. Rather take a weaker finish than a vests which would kill any airtime...

Poslano z mojega ONEPLUS A3003 z uporabo Tapatalk

CoasterCrazy

Giga Poster
Vekoma for me! (Never thought I'd be saying that either)
They both look fantastic to me and whilst the Intamin look sexier, with better trains, Vekoma's version seems better paced, with more classical hyper elements, as opposed to Intamin's fancy trick tracks. I love the look of that speed Hill and that very Fury-325-inspired horseshoe turnaround. There may also be reliability issues with the Intamin - although I'm sure their newer generation coasters are a bit better now.

Whilst a sole lap bar would be better, I disagree with the idea of vest Restraints killing airtime. Yes, it's more comfortable and exposed, but you'll get the same amount of negative-Gs anyway and for me, the fun of airtime comes from being restricted by your restraint, not physical air after keeping your restraint up a few clicks. Raptor at GL actually has a surprising amount of airtime on its first drop, even with the vest restraints. Whilst I'd rather lap bars, I'd go for the better layout every time!

Also, I really want to see just how Vekoma go about making a hyper!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I hate to break it to everyone, but looking at the comments, views and likes on the videos, I think its leaning more towards the Intamin as a pose to the Vekoma!

ThomVD

Giga Poster
Maybe the layout of the Vekoma is slightly better, but it's such a risk. If Vekoma manages to be able to create lap bars of the same quality of Taron's or Blue Fire's/Helix's, and if the track will be smooth, it has the potential to be an amazing coaster. With Intamin we already know that it's going to be great unless they somehow **** something up. I'll still choose the Intamin one over Vekoma until we'd get more details about the trains. A Vekoma airtime-focussed hyper with the OTSR vests would be the worst thing ever <//3

I'd take a slightly weaker layout with lap bars over any kind of OTSRs.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
ThomVD said:
Maybe the layout of the Vekoma is slightly better, but it's such a risk. If Vekoma manages to be able to create lap bars of the same quality of Taron's or Blue Fire's/Helix's, and if the track will be smooth, it has the potential to be an amazing coaster. With Intamin we already know that it's going to be great unless they somehow **** something up. I'll still choose the Intamin one over Vekoma until we'd get more details about the trains. A Vekoma airtime-focussed hyper with the OTSR vests would be the worst thing ever <//3

I agree, but the Vekoma layout looks longer and looks like it has more airtime, as well as the trains are much bigger. The Intamin one reminds me a lot of Intimidator 305. I bet it would be crazy intense! I also think it would utilize a cable lift system, as that's what a lot of newer Intamins use!

mouse

Giga Poster
The Vekoma layout certainly looks better, but if I were the manager I would choose Intamin - I guess because I would trust them more? Unless the Vekoma was significantly cheaper, then I would go for that.

I would love Vekoma to break into the hyper thrill coaster market, would be good to see some more competition with B&M and Intamin.

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
ATI said:
I think its leaning more towards the Intamin as a pose to the Vekoma!

For f**k's sake how many times? It's "opposed", as in showing the OPPOSite viewpoint.

Give me your English teacher's e-mail address so I can have words.

I don't think Vekoma would put OTSRs on this; they're not stupid and will be very much aware of what the other companies do and follow suit.

Hutch

Strata Poster
I think the Vekoma one has the slightly better layout, but both are excellent.

But I just can't get myself that excited for these newer Vekomas. I haven't heard of any reviews on their new ones so who knows how smooth they are. If they are smooth, then great! But Intamin seems like the safer choice since we know they make smooth rides. Plus, Intamin <3

What they should really do is put Skyrush trains on the Intamin model. Imagine the laterals!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
gavin said:
ATI said:

For f**k's sake how many times? It's "opposed", as in showing the OPPOSite viewpoint.

I don't think Vekoma would put OTSRs on this; they're not stupid and will be very much aware of what the other companies do and follow suit.

Alright keep your hair on, it's leaning towards Intamin APPOSED to Vekoma!

GuyWithAStick

Captain Basic
ATI said:
gavin said:
ATI said:

Alright keep your hair on, it's leaning towards Intamin APPOSED to Vekoma!
tYIJPLZ.gif

as opposed...

MLDesigns

Hyper Poster
^That's what everyone's thinking at this point.

I'm really digging the Intamin here. The Vekoma looks damn good as well, but I feel the ending will feel the same as Formula 1 in the same park. Not to mention, another Vekoma mega is being built an hour away with Lech Coaster. So +1 for the Intamin.