What's new

Dreamworld Australia To Close Tower Of Terror

Zek_Teh_Kek

Hyper Poster
Hmm..Giant Drop is ATTACHED to TOT. So either TOT is going to become the world's largest lawn ornament or they're going to find some way to finaggle TOT out while keeping Giant Drop intact.
Or they may just be doing this and then retheming it and passing it off as another new ride. You never know,
I've heard that they're taking off the track and leaving the tower there.

Jcoasters

Mega Poster
I heard once that So Cal Edison had to build an entire new power plant just for Superman. It could've just been a new energy line to the park.

Either way, those old school LSMs draw way more power than they do nowadays, so that seems to me like the only reason why they would close it down. Since they upgraded the LSM system on Superman during the refurbishment, I'm guessing it's a lot more efficient. If users are saying they didn't do that on ToT, that might explain this.

Still, it's a shame. I really adore Superman. The backwards launch is super powerful initially, and then mellows out, but in a good way that feels like forever. It still catches me off guard every time. The 6.5 second of 0g at that height is truly phenomenal, and can't be compared. If ToT was running the same as Superman, I'd see no reason why they would scrap it.

Coaster Cinema

Mega Poster
Still, it's a shame. I really adore Superman. The backwards launch is super powerful initially, and then mellows out, but in a good way that feels like forever. It still catches me off guard every time. The 6.5 second of 0g at that height is truly phenomenal, and can't be compared. If ToT was running the same as Superman, I'd see no reason why they would scrap it.

I'm really glad to have Superman just down the parkway from me.

streetmagix

Mega Poster
I rode ToT for the first (and I guess last time) in September 2019. It was barely getting to half way up the tower and it made some funky noises as it repositioned into the station. It was a great ride though, despite the lack of speed height. Saying that, as the tunnel starts just a few meters from the upwards curve the pressure difference was pretty extreme, it felt like my contact lens were about to be ripped out!

CoasterWild

Mega Poster
Here's some of my uploads:
24073592214_2655949e48_c.jpg

24608257431_860703ccbb_c.jpg

31286893097_6d00135f4a_b.jpg

24476772779_705930a792_b.jpg

33612134842_0e9bdaeeb5_b.jpg

33639573041_91d081773c_b.jpg