What's new

Drayton Manor 2018 Coaster Rumour

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
I don't know how true this is (if it has any truth in it at all)... Apparently there was a Drayton Manor meeting in which they discussed a new S&S coaster for 2018. No idea of the type of S&S coaster though.

I don't know if this is true or not, but if it is then an S&S coaster would be a great fit for the park!

CrashCoaster

CF Legend

I'm not sure on the original source but I was told by a YouTuber who was 100% sure on this, and he told me that he was told this by a guy called Matthew Robertson, so it seems to be this rumour that is going around, and as I said it could be potentially utter bull sh*t, but a part of me actually believes this, so we'll have to see...

Last edited:

Ian

From CoasterForce
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
he was told this by a gay called Matthew Robertson
I don't know what his sexuality has to do with it.

Anyway, I've also heard this rumour. I've also heard they might be getting something like Wicked at Lagoon. Time will tell!

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
I don't know how true this is
(if it has any truth in it at all)
Apparently
No idea of the type
I don't know if this is true or not,
I'm not sure on the original source
it could be potentially utter bull sh*t
giphy.gif

I could see the new family invert being something Drayton could potentially be interested in. Can't see them getting a Free spin, but it's not impossible.

Will

Strata Poster
To be honest, with this being Drayton and all, it's that awful an idea that I can almost believe it. Does seem a long time since Drayton have attempted to add anything of note, and I'd guess that Alton's loss has possibly been their gain of late.

Though a reliable source would be useful.

DelPiero

Strata Poster
Ah the annual Drayton thread, how I've missed thee.
Unlikely, considering Alton and Pleasure Beach are both getting major installs the same year. Maybe 2019, but their marketing dept would have to be fantastic to compete in 2018.

Lofty

CF Legend
I highly doubt them going with S&S. Highly doubt it.

The rumour I've heard is very similar to Ian's about the Zierer Tower Coaster, take it with a pinch of salt, though.

MagnesiumPC

Roller Poster
I've never been to Drayton Manor my self, but from what I can tell, they need a new coaster and badly. Just skimming through their current line up, I think they could use the following.

Vekoma (or S&S) Family Suspended Coaster
GCI Twister Woodie or a GG Airtime Woodie
Vekoma/Intamin Inverting Coaster (Only ones they have are Shockwave & G-Force)
MACK/Intamin Mega Lite or a Chance Hyper GT-X

Now, like I said, I think anyone of these would fit, but I haven't been to the park.

Jake

Strata Poster
Something like Wicked would be cool, but would make G Force kinda pointless. They'd be better getting something completely different, even something really gimmicky which is what they seem to go for.

I think an S&S Free Spin would be a really good shout. Small footprint, not out of their price range and they could really push it as being the first 4D cred in the UK etc. Or a ZacSpin obv.

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
It seems that a New S&S coaster for Drayton Manor has been talked about on Towers Street, and an S&S coaster was talked about at the RCCGB lunch at Drayton Manor. (Whatever that is...)

Maybe the new coaster will be something like Tranan?

CrashCoaster

CF Legend
Even more info - I have found out that it may be an S&S LSM family launch coaster...

There is also information on a new woodie for around 2023...

Here is the post:-

I attended The RCCGB lunch on Sunday, I don't normally go but I'm glad I did! The event was hosted by Colin Bryan the owner of Drayton Manor. He gave some really Interesting information... He's semi-retiring and therefore his sons are taking over and making more of the decisions

There will be a coaster in 2018 replacing the buffalo its manufactured by S&S and it will be a first of its kind but I think it will be more family than thrill. A woody has been designed however that's more 5 years down the line as they're not quite happy with the plan and not quite sure if it suits. Pirate Adventure will not reopen as the manufacturerer of the ride either won't or can't replace the parts I can't remember. The plan is to hopefully split the attraction into two attractions

So sounds like exciting news for Drayton, he did say however it's been one of the worst summers for years

Bring on 2018!

Last edited: