What's new

Dodonpa Being Reborn In 2017

Olaf

Mega Poster
So the acceleration is now at 3.7 g instead of 2.7... Wow

Verstuurd vanaf mijn WAS-LX1A met Tapatalk

Ben

CF Legend
TBF, Dodonpa's launch wasn't actually that amazing to start with - because it's so fast. It's incredible but, it doesn't give the force and effect of a hydraulic launch. It's more like you don't notice it and then you're 100+mph, so I kind of feel like making it even faster will actually make it even more blink and you miss it.

Jake Martell

Roller Poster
So it appears the ride opened successfully July 15th but was shut down the following day...
Anyone know if it's just a temporary complication or more of a long term issue?

Sneaky

Roller Poster
All I know is that a train has stalled before the loop. I don't know if it's still shut or if it has reopened.
Here's a (very short) video of the stalled train:

Edward M

Strata Poster
Everything was looking so great with the POV then it hits the loop, and my heart just sank. I never was able to do the top hat, and I miss it so badly. Dodonpa was one of my top to do coasters, but Do-dodonpa just isn't.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
The removal of this top hat has left a void in my heart that will never be filled.
iiYKHZY.jpg

Last edited:

CanobieFan

Strata Poster
TBF, Dodonpa's launch wasn't actually that amazing to start with - because it's so fast. It's incredible but, it doesn't give the force and effect of a hydraulic launch. It's more like you don't notice it and then you're 100+mph, so I kind of feel like making it even faster will actually make it even more blink and you miss it.

While much slower, I always felt that way about Hypersonic. The launch was so quick... it was just like "oh hey. we're moving and already going up the hill"