What's new

Dodonpa Being Reborn In 2017

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
I love the silly name upgrade. Sounds very Japanese-cliché to do such a thing. I might not be so fond of the Top Hat removal but keeping (and improving!) the insane launch should be the biggest news :)

gavin

Staff member
Social Media Team
People are clutching at straws with the launch. If it is actually any faster it's by such a small amount that it won't feel any different and doesn't make up for losing that top hat.

They were stupid not to go slightly bigger with the loop and claim the proper record. "Biggest diameter"? Please.

Jake Martell

Roller Poster
Ugh...just wondering how savage the inevitable trims going into that loop are going to be. Although it would be very Fuji-Q-esque to just let the train rail into it untrimmed and pull 7.5 Gs...

Last edited:

Olaf

Mega Poster
Last post was 5/3 so I'm sure there is something new by now, has it tested yet?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn WAS-LX1A met Tapatalk

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
A picture showing the trains in their new livery... and new restraints. Say goodbye to the old lapbars, and welcome to the OTSR...

0YTmm29.jpg

Some more testing on the loop too, which has trims before the entrance:

No insane Top Hat, OTSR added and trims before the loop. I know the launch is still awesome but I can't help being a little disappointed about this. Oh well I'm not going to ride this anytime soon anyway :p

EDIT: Dat launch though <3

Last edited:

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
I mean, the removal of the top hat and the addition of the OTSRs should really make me hate this, but I just can't.

Olaf

Mega Poster
I mean, the removal of the top hat and the addition of the OTSRs should really make me hate this, but I just can't.
They also added trims before the loop. Do you hate it now?

Coaster Hipster

Giga Poster
Glad to see this launch still counts as one of the most breathtaking coaster experiences ever!

The loop though? Hard to tell, but looks nowhere as epic as the vertical Top Hat with ridiculous airtime :(

Olaf

Mega Poster
They even ****ed up the trains. It isn't pick with white dots so it isn't as fancy as it was.

ATTACKHAMMER

Strata Poster
The new trains and lightening effects look great, the launch still looks amazing but it is heartbreaking to watch the POV and not see the incredible top hat.