What's new

Dodonpa Being Reborn In 2017

Olaf

Mega Poster
Maybe a slightly taller hill without the trims? Just to get it over 200 ft

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9301I met Tapatalk

Ben

CF Legend
I remember it always being said that hill was the strongest airtime in the World, with something like -1.7g being bounded around.

I don't know how true that is but it certainly felt insane and was the most powerful kick of airtime I've ever felt.

May it rest in peace sweet Prince.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
Maybe a slightly taller hill without the trims? Just to get it over 200 ft

Nah, the 200 feet benchmark is pointless in a country that uses Metric. If it's not a round number in your system of measurement, why strive to surpass it? Just look at Fury 325 and its 99.1 meter lift hill.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
Just ****ing kill me. How many more coasters will spite me before I get round to riding them!:emoji_disappointed:
I hope they keep the trains they're all amazing. My fav:
insane-coaster-wars-world-domination-ss-004

balrog

Mega Poster
Nah, the 200 feet benchmark is pointless in a country that uses Metric. If it's not a round number in your system of measurement, why strive to surpass it? Just look at Fury 325 and its 99.1 meter lift hill.
200 ft is approximately 60m, so its round enough. But yeah, nothing particularly impressive about a 60m coaster, when compared to a 52m one.
People should just accept that reality does not care about some useless numerical threshold. Let us just hope they make the best possible coaster.

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster

peep

CF Legend
Ha, that VR thing is amazing, best theme park use I've seen so far.

I have a love/hate thing for how we still don't know what they're doing.

Lofty

CF Legend
OMFG. This is potentially my favourite thing ever. I wonder if it's showing the new ride as an animation or just a POV of the old ride?

Pink Cadillac

Giga Poster
I wonder if it's showing the new ride as an animation or just a POV of the old ride?
New animation. The new feature will be a splashdown which is when the ride op walks up and down the train, squirting riders with a mini water pistol. ;)
Pretty sure the the old POV as the website talks about the 52m vertical spike