What's new

Docklands [14/01/2007 - 06/10/08] [New Park - 10/03/10]

Sean_Rohan

Mega Poster
LFTL - Many thanks for the kind words. It's a crappy RCT thing, which I doubt I can do anything about - so bummed about this, I think it's been nearing 2 years of work (planning and crap) just kinda going down the drain. Almost.......

Trav - Mate, I was going to send you the file but now opted out in doing so - you'll see why below....

Pokemaniac - You're every much correct. Such a bugger, eh?
Many thanks for the kinda words, however.

Deano123321 - The 'aitport' started of as a piece of **** - now, I think it's near realistic. A few bits needing to be added and I should be happy with it, right now, I'm not.
I can't wait for the download either, it's starting to take the piss now.....

UncleArly - (You know, I do actually read your name as Unclearly - which is annoying on my part)
Yea, that has is the scenario I may have to go through now - and you're right, I really don't want to delete anything! So hard....

ParadiseCoaster - You seem you're a person of one word so....

-----------------

Project is back, kinda.
I've deleted the extension of the airport and shall make that another part of my project.......

Basically I don't want to be an arsehole and not give CF a finished park, there's far too many of them floating around here.
I personally get annoyed when so many people comment on a project and follow it for a while only for the park maker to just abandon it - ''sorry guys, but blah blah blah I'm a ****'' so, I won't be doing that!

So, big news is that I'll be starting on 4 more maps in the near future. I can't get all my ideas onto one - then 5 maps it shall be.......
Maybe one of them could end up being the elusive Theme Park....??

Many thanks for the support guys!

Sean

trav

Mega Poster
Well. If it's any help, I know a couple of guys who are trying to get round the object limit. I can give you updates every now and then on how they're going.

They're the biggest "hackers" in the game though, so if anyone can get round it, they can.

Sean_Rohan

Mega Poster
Trav, serioulsy?! Please, please, send me PM's anytime you recieve an update.......
This'll be a massive help for me and many other RCT'ers out there.

Cheers dude!

trav

Mega Poster
Yeah. They're a couple of guys who worked on RctModified, if you know what that is. So they know how to change the game works pretty well.

Sean_Rohan

Mega Poster
Just a little bit of research (pffft, only used google) and RctModified seems a very good tool, thingy.....
Something that could help with my West Ferry Project.

Sean

On another note - 10964 views. Can't thank you guys enough!

Well yeah, hopefully you can get around it! That'd be awesome as I, and many other people, have been following it for a long time.

I agree that there are way too many unfinished parks out there, but I think we're all guilty of doing that once or twice :p .

Good luck, doood.

Sean_Rohan

Mega Poster
Docklands Park is still going, slowly.......

Ariel.jpg

Few new buildings & big plans on the land whats left.....
Could see this being up for download Spring next year, maybe?

Comments appreciated,

Sean

Everytime I see this "park", I am amazed at the amount of detail this thing has, as well as the time it must have taken for you to finish each building. It's just so perfect and realistic that it's hard to believe it's not an aerial shot of an actual city.

AMAZING.

Sean_Rohan

Mega Poster
UncleArly - Yes & No. I haven't found a 'fix' for the ObjectLimit but what I did was clear up some unneeded scenery. I got rid of half of the Airport and a few buildings that seemed to be eating up my Limit.....
Cheers for the comment.

LFTL - Yes, I do try with detail but I know that some buildings lack it. This is to the best of my ability at the moment and I am pretty proud with the outcome so far.
The amount of support couples my determination to finish this project, so many thanks!

UC
- Cheers dude.
Yea, I just wanted to do something totally different - if you remember a while back I created a Football (soccer) Stadium? Well, that gave me the idea for RCT city.......
At the time I was in love with SimCity but was bored with what it had to offer - I was also bored with building Roller Coasters on RCT so I just swapped games around (kinda).

PLCP - Thank for the kinda word/s :D

SnooSnoo - O hai!
I'm glad you finally opened this topic and also glad you like it! Cheers dude.

Goliath - Neat and Tidy? Well, thank you but to me some parts are a bit of a mess. Still a lot to do to have it up to the standards I like.....
Thanks for the comment!

Big thank you for the support guys!

---------------

Enough talk.......
Two new buildings.

One Sky Scraper, which is now the tallest on the map (Yay!), still under construction but the basics are done.

One tall residential tower - this now occupies the land where the Docklands Art Gallery sat. I will provide before and after pictures of that once I find the old ones :)

The idea came from a current under construction building happening down South London - call the Strata Tower.
This one is currently unnamed:
StrataResi.jpg

Here you can see the new Sky Scraper within the near complete Sky cluster:
TowersCluster-Comp.jpg

---------------------

And here's what the map started out like:
MapStartOfProject061008.jpg

And what we have now:
Map061008.jpg

Many thanks,

Sean

trav

Mega Poster
I continue to be impressed by this.

I can't remember if I've asked, but have you seen a park called En En Midvinternattsdrom? It's a fantastic city park.

Also, have you ever been to Alton Towers? I'm looking for a few skilled Rcters to help me with my Recreation of it, because it's a big park to take on by myself. No worries if you have no interest in it.

Pokemaniac

Mountain monkey
Staff member
Administrator
^Only one "En". And I bet it was a Swedish dude who made it?

For the record, it means "A mid-winter night's dream" (a pun on the famous Shakespeare play). If you've seen Scandinavian Mid-winter nights, you know what to expect. However, I can't see it being a city, if not Røros or some Swedish counterpart.

Enough off-topic, this "park" looks fantastic. Too bad with the object limit, I find the sign limit disturbing, but this must be really irritating.
Keep it up!

trav

Mega Poster
Pokemaniac said:
^Only one "En". And I bet it was a Swedish dude who made it?

For the record, it means "A mid-winter night's dream" (a pun on the famous Shakespeare play). If you've seen Scandinavian Mid-winter nights, you know what to expect. However, I can't see it being a city, if not Røros or some Swedish counterpart.

Yeah, I only meant to put one En. I'm not sure if he was Swedish, but he's certainly Scandinavian.

And yeah, I know what it means as well. It's quite a clever pun given what the theme for the park is (A desolate city, basically with no emotions or life, which could come across as being cold, hence mid-winter).

http://www.nedesigns.com/?ne=tour2&e=11

That's the link to it. I suggest you check it out (Both Pokemaniac and Sean). It's certainly in my top 3 Rct creations ever.

Reminds me of a mini-Manhattan or something, for some reason! Like I said about eighty four times already, this is amazing, and is certainly one of the best things I've ever seen created in Roller Coaster Tycoon.

Can't wait to see it when it's done!

My one piece of advice (though who am I really giving advice to someone so good at the game?) is to add in more colourful accents to things.

Sean_Rohan

Mega Poster
So... yeah.

Completly lost the last map - started on a new one not to long ago, feel like I'm better at the game now but I've just lost all love and time for it.
What happens when you grow up I suppose...

It's still a hobby of mine and I do wish to finish this new project and be done with RCT.