What's new

Devil's Widow - Arrow Hypercoaster [NL2]

Sandman

Giga Poster
So, this is a work in progress and has been for the last week or so. It's my second ever NL2 coaster (the first being a woodie) and my first ever attempt at support work. I've always had a soft spot for the size and scale of Arrow hypercoasters, and this was moderately inspired by both The Big One & Magnum XL-200.

Tried to stick to some of Ron Toomer's more notable design elements, including triangular hill crests and less banking on turns. I've obviously included my own take on the Arrow hypercoaster in order to keep the ride fairly unique. Some smaller sections of track need reworking and then there's still a lot of support work to be tackled. Still learning a lot as I go along. Will try to post more as the work progresses.

9qzs48.jpg

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Looks good. Not a coaster type attempted very often, so will be nice to see what you do with it.

Sandman

Giga Poster
Thanks Hixee. I think that's another reason I was attracted to such a design, because I've not really seen any other attempt at an Arrow Hypercoaster other than David Ainsworth's impressive Big One recreation.

I think one of the biggest hurdles to tackle at the moment is actually improving the game's graphics on my laptop. From a distance, the ride is pretty glitchy, particularly the supports. Not sure what can be done to improve that.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Sandman said:
I think one of the biggest hurdles to tackle at the moment is actually improving the game's graphics on my laptop. From a distance, the ride is pretty glitchy, particularly the supports. Not sure what can be done to improve that.
Well I suspect that depends on the specs of your laptop. My old laptop just simply didn't have the guts to run NL2 nicely (it struggles with big coasters in NL as well). There's nothing that can really be done once you've dropped all the quality settings to their lower end.

Unless someone else has a mystery method for boosting performance?