What's new

Dapalm's Stuff - Babieca - Intamin LSM Launch Coaster

Dapalm

Mega Poster

I'm posting this thread for showing the custom scenery sets I'm working on. Right now I have two sets in the makings, a rock set and a fencing set. The first picture was made using these sets, and took about half an hour to do. I'm pretty happy with the result.

So, I plan to release the rock set this week as a beta. There will be 3 different textures and about ten different rocks. Each rock is about 350 polys, but I could reduce it if necessary. Also, I will try to work on the fencing set during christmas, so it would be nice if you guys post which fences styles do you need.

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team
Re: Dapalm's Stuff

Is that half an hour of modelling, or half an hour of arranging them in NL?

They look great, and a fantastic resource that you're willing to share. Thanks!

I look forward to seeing what you, and the other members, are able to do with these.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Re: Dapalm's Stuff

Looks real nice! Like the RMC too! Thanks for sharing them! Look forward to using them!

For fencing, a chain link fence would be awesome!

Dapalm

Mega Poster
Re: Dapalm's Stuff - HP Rocks Beta

Hixee said:
Is that half an hour of modelling, or half an hour of arranging them in NL?

They look great, and a fantastic resource that you're willing to share. Thanks!

I look forward to seeing what you, and the other members, are able to do with these.

Half an hour of arranging them, importing the coaster, making RMC rails while watching the tutorial, planting tress, painting the terrain... Thanks!

Glennderp said:
Looks real nice! Like the RMC too! Thanks for sharing them! Look forward to using them!

For fencing, a chain link fence would be awesome!

Thank you, I take note of your suggestions.

Well, here is a sneak peak of my rock set. It needs a lot more work, but since I won't be able to continue working on it after Christmas I decided to release it. Following problems will be fixed:

- Texture (it has a strange cut in every rock. I don't know why, but I will try to fix it)
- Shape (they look too smooth right know)
- Variety (there will be more rocks, and other textures)

Some other things:

- You can scale them to various sizes and they will look good.
- These are high poly version (arround 1500), so avoid overusing them. I've built a mountain an it ran fine, but I don't know where is the limit.

Download them here:

https://mega.co.nz/#!cokAGIDL!3K_69zX_X ... Z3fnFe2EOQ

Although it's in its early stages you can make some nice things with them. If you have any suggestion or question, please, ask. Hope you find them useful.

Ethan

Strata Poster

They look great! Awesome work!

I'd love to download them, but since I switched to Mac I can't use Nolimits until they eventually do a Mac version :( But seriously they look fab and I love the shot of the B&M Invert!

Dapalm

Mega Poster

Thank you! Hopefully they'll release the Mac verison too.

I'm gonna show you some pictures of my test park. The Batman clone isn't accurate, but it wasn't my intention. This park is for testing scenery, environments, foliage... To sum up, playing NL like it was RCT3.

This are unedited

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

They're looking better and better with each update!

Ethan

Strata Poster

If only the real Batman clones looked as good as that!

Dapalm

Mega Poster
Re: Dapalm's Stuff - Night!

Night!

Looks like something old new is coming:

But I have a problem. I imported the coaster from NL1 (since I lost the FVD file) but the drop and the top hat are really bumpy. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks!

Ethan

Strata Poster

Is it because the roll nodes have changed to strict in NL2? I'm not sure about your case but when I save an element in NL2, all the roll points change to strict.

Dapalm

Mega Poster

Sorry for the double post, but here is the complete layout:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pgKNak0WsoM[/youtube]

So now I have to start working on the final version.

PeskyTrimBrake

Hyper Poster
Re: Dapalm's Stuff - Mack LSM PoV

Looks great! Amazing layout! I like how that green blends with the terrain. And that high speed heart line roll looks great!

But it looks like it starts banking slowly while at the first launch. Not a big problem though.

Everything else looks like an accurate Mack coaster. Look forward for you to share this!

Dapalm

Mega Poster

Thanks! Don't worry about the launch. As I said this is a preview version. The final one won't have those problems.

Edit: two pictures I hadn't posted here:

]

Hixee

Flojector
Staff member
Administrator
Social Media Team

Ooh very atmospheric! Is that three coasters in one park, or two separate parks?

Dapalm

Mega Poster

There are three coasters in the first park, but none of them is the wing rider. Thanks!

Dapalm

Mega Poster

I wanted to try a vintage postcard and I think it turned out nice. The Shuttle Loop is for a park I'm slowly making, but the setting will be totally different. Oh, good ol' Schwarzkopf...

I'm also working on a different second half for that Mack launched I posted the other day. More news on it soon!

Dapalm

Mega Poster

Thank you guys!

I came across a bluprint of Abyss (the nearly identical Saw clone in Australia ) and wanted to give it a try. But then I found the blueprint wasn't accurate, so i ended up changing lots of parts to complete the ride. This is not a recreation. Trackwork has some issues (most notably the kink in the immelmann that can be seen in the second picture). Plans for this are giving it a theme (similar to the real one but different ) and release it as fast as I can. Oh, and I have finished a different second half for the Mack coaster. I'm having problems with youtube right now, but I hope to upload it later today.